How are YOU studying for the HSC trials and when are they? (1 Viewer)

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
My school is having the trials week 3-4, Physics is Wk4 thursday morning.

Having seen the independent trial paper, which most public schools use, it covers pretty much everything.. I for one am not going to use it, cuz i think it is a bit easy and i have a notorious reputation for making hard exams ( even my students tutors say it :) )

But yeah, some questions will prove to be a challenge for most students, so my questions are:

What are you gonna focus on?

What is your aim to achieve in the trials? Rank? Percentage?

What is it that still troubles you?

How are you going to fix it by the trials?

shady145

Banned
HSC

Having seen the independent trial paper, which most public schools use, it covers pretty much everything.. I for one am not going to use it, cuz i think it is a bit easy and i have a notorious reputation for making hard exams ( even my students tutors say it :) )

But yeah, some questions will prove to be a challenge for most students, so my questions are:

yes mine are in week 3-4, physics is in week 3 on friday or thursday. we use a paper from somewhere lol. i dnt know which company.
i will focus on my weaknesses.
i am aiming to not lose my rank, this will not be hard because i'm an arm and a leg infront =) percentage wise i am aiming for >93%
what troubles me, the 7-6 mark questions that require some english skills, and memory of events. that is easily fixed by revision since i have not done any yet....
gl to ur students

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Doing past exams and trying to remember the content. I'm pretty sweet with the calculations.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Covering the whole syllabus

1st rank
% aim=over 95

It takes too long a time to prepare for physics lol.

By spending a lot of time!

Dumbledore

HSC
study freak, dang 95%+ in a physics paper? thats like state rank in HSC standard and trials are usually harder!

Dumbledore

HSC

man i thought from ur sig, custom title and HSC year, that you were already in or finished uni

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
study freak, dang 95%+ in a physics paper? thats like state rank in HSC standard and trials are usually harder!
lol i thought my trial (which has questions from cssa, independent, and various school trials + their own questions all mixed, I believe) was gonna be easier than the HSC

That's just an aim anyway.

Haven't tried real papers yet so I don't really know what I am capable of but it doesn't sound impossible by looking at my half yearly mark (although it's gonna involve a great deal of hard work)

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I for one am not going to use it, cuz i think it is a bit easy and i have a notorious reputation for making hard exams ( even my students tutors say it :) )
Your students freely admit to having tutors? :p
My Trials are Week 4.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
My trials are week 4, tuesday afternoon.

Aside from looking over my notes, i haven't really studied yet ><"

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
man i thought from ur sig, custom title and HSC year, that you were already in or finished uni
I already have! :)

I'm a teacher at a school.

Interested in students' study habits

Your students freely admit to having tutors?
My Trials are Week 4.
I encourage it!

That was one thing which helped me during my HSC. I definately would not have gotten the marks which i did for some of the subjects if i didnt have a tutor.

I would love to see a kind of breakdown of students who get band 6's and the percentage which have tutors and which don't.

Tutoring definately helps, but it cnt replace the teacher! ( At least this one! ;) )

Last edited:

jules.09

HSC

Probably what I can of the whole syllabus, but I'm not very good with long response styled questions, i.e. 'society' questions.

Well, to maintain my half yearly rank will be fine.

Long response questions and not being able to redeem myself from screwing up my physics prac. The other assessments before it were fine.

How are you going to fix it by the trials?<!-- google_ad_section_end --></SPAN>

By trying to get a good mark? Haha.

My trials start this Friday, and physics is on the Tuesday after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)