• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how are your best 10 units selected? (1 Viewer)

t0nyy

HSC
I do mx1 and 2, english, legal,eco and chem

ranks are

3,3,15,1,10,11 respectively,
however, my chem cohort is absolutely shit and even though my rank is ok i am failing
eco however I get high 80s

so say in the external
i get

mx2 b6
mx1 b6
legal b6
eco b6
chem fail or 50/60/70

is there any way chem will get counted into my atar? cause i obv dont want it to be included

pencilcase

HSC
no way! the BOS just select your top 10 units (where 2 have to be english) and these are to be included in calculating your atar
however the fail in chem will be on your HSC certificate but you don't ever need to show it to employers/unis etc.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I do mx1 and 2, english, legal,eco and chem

ranks are

3,3,15,1,10,11 respectively,
however, my chem cohort is absolutely shit and even though my rank is ok i am failing
eco however I get high 80s

so say in the external
i get

mx2 b6
mx1 b6
legal b6
eco b6
chem fail or 50/60/70

is there any way chem will get counted into my atar? cause i obv dont want it to be included
When UAC scales all the subjects they take your best two units of English (or your only two if you only do two) and then the next best 8 - the 8 that will give you the best ATAR. Whether chem will count or not will simply depend on whether counting chem will be best for you.

I have seen kids who wanted to know why a subject in which they got say 91 didn't count for their ATAR but one in which they got 78 did - but the 91 was in Hospo and the 78 in Bio.

UAC will only count your chem if counting it will give the best ATAR from your subjects. Would you really want to count say Legal if it gives you a lower ATAR than including chem?

t0nyy

HSC
When UAC scales all the subjects they take your best two units of English (or your only two if you only do two) and then the next best 8 - the 8 that will give you the best ATAR. Whether chem will count or not will simply depend on whether counting chem will be best for you.

I have seen kids who wanted to know why a subject in which they got say 91 didn't count for their ATAR but one in which they got 78 did - but the 91 was in Hospo and the 78 in Bio.

UAC will only count your chem if counting it will give the best ATAR from your subjects. Would you really want to count say Legal if it gives you a lower ATAR than including chem?
ah ok so they pick it so that its best for your atar
cause I kind of abandoned chem in term 3 and focused all on my other subs, and even now im not really studying chem and my mum said if I dont study chem and get a bad mark it might be included into my best 10 units even if i get 90s in eco and legal and drag my atar down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)