How are Yr12 T1 exams going for you guys? (1 Viewer)

TheUnknownBoy

HSC
Hi everyone! Just wondering how everyone is going so far for their first exam of Yr 12? Anyone coping well with Yr 12?

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Going good so far, most of my exams are next week so there's that. Only done ext 1 and it was quite easy. you?

FesuY

HSC
So far yr 12 is pretty good. Especially having a study period which has came in clutch.

Yakult1

HSC
Good luck to everyone in the class of 2022, I hope you guys don’t have to deal with the shit that we had to.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Heraclitussss said:
Hey
So I think I screwed up my assessment 1 of YR 12. Probably not in the top ten for any of them. Do I have any chances of bouncing back and getting maybe a 98 ATAR or more? Assuming of course I work extremely hard for the following year therefore not messing up my other exams and getting top 3 for all my subjects.
You definitely have a chance of recovering in the event where your performance in your first assessment was not sufficiently good. Several students who don't perform as well as they would have liked to at the start of year 12 end up achieving great final results as they work hard on rectifying their weakness areas throughout the year in addition to regularly studying and revising relevant content, allowing them to perform favourably in their school-based assessment tasks/exams and their respective HSC exams.

An important factor to consider in your situation is the weighting of the task. The higher the weight, the more significant the effect that unfavourable performance will have on your rank relative to your cohort and the lower the weight, the less significant the effect that unfavourable performance will have on your rank relative to your cohort and hence the higher the potential of recovering and achieving favourable results at the end.

I hope this helps! 😄

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Heraclitussss said:
Its about 20% of the internal mark.
You definitely have a chance to effectively recover in that case (since 80% of your internal performance is yet to be decided), as long as you make sure that you are doing your utmost to ensure optimal performance across your subjects going forward because, while a 98+ ATAR is of course possible, it is not easy to achieve and will require a sustained effort throughout year 12.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
just finished my exams. not sure if its common for everyone else but has anyone been feeling quite lazy after all your exams are done? I cant be bothered to study and I'm just laying in bed most of times haha.

may22

HSC
Yeah I get the feeling but unfortunately still have 50 billion things to do, so can’t exactly chill just yet

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Yeah I get the feeling but unfortunately still have 50 billion things to do, so can’t exactly chill just yet
aaaaaaaaa :( all the best! I got some stuff to do as well but I'm so in the holiday mode rn im worried that ill get too comfortable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)