How big are you ext. history classes? (1 Viewer)

mcsmells

HSC
Hey you crazy history ext. mofos
I was just wondering how many people were in your history ext. classes.
Like we only have 3 now, we used to have 4.

_Benji_

HSC
i am meant to be doing an essay on the "current debate over what is history"....trust me to get side tracked.....
in my class there are 9 (i think) which is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy more than *should* be in it.... but its not as if the teacher can kick anyone in particular out.....as unfortunate as it is at times....

HayleeKate

HSC
suger_plum said:
15 in ours! its huge.
but we have two lessons a week
one is a lecture, where all of us go
and then the other is a tutorial where we are spilt into two groups
there are too many. but we have a really good teacher
I have 22 in my class. Does that make my class morbidly obease? I dont think its too big, guess it depends on the type of people in the class.
Theyre all motivated and non-rukus-causing types, and the teacher is amazing too, so I guess that helps.
Everyone gets along well too. Each week we take it in turns to make afternoon tea for everyone, because its off line, we get muffins or jelly cups or sushi or something cute for afternoon tea everyweek.

_Benji_

HSC
HayleeKate said:
Each week we take it in turns to make afternoon tea for everyone, because its off line, we get muffins or jelly cups or sushi or something cute for afternoon tea everyweek.
can i join your class?
sounds like our ext 1 eng class.....
we have a great hist teacher but the class doesnt work well together/ as a group..... its really annoying.... everyone's just really different and then there's heaps that just complain :(

niteshade1312

HSC
We probabaly had about 20 at first, but they have been dropping off like flies because they hadn't started their projects!

zander

HSC
wat the hell is goin on? how do you have so many in your classes lol
there were 5 of us at first, which dropped to 3 within 2 weeks later, then another dropped thinking it wasnt worth it, another dropped like a week ago coz he hadnt started his mw(even though i just did my mw in a week having to change topic, dont mean t brag), and what does that leave..... 1 - me!!! hahah -- imagine our classes from now on --- weird! At least im coming first when u think of it !!!

X

xeuyrawp

HayleeKate said:
I have 22 in my class. Does that make my class morbidly obease? I dont think its too big, guess it depends on the type of people in the class.
Theyre all motivated and non-rukus-causing types, and the teacher is amazing too, so I guess that helps.
It depends on the teacher and the teaching style. For some subjects, Socratic teaching with it's question-based learning can only be achieved with a small class. For ext. History, it's not such an issue, imo. I had a big class (25) initially. My teacher got rid of a lot of the losers, and we ended up with 8, which was a good size.

X

xeuyrawp

suger_plum said:
ours is offline as well, and we always take it in turn to bring in lotsa food for the class. its hard because theyre are so many people. in the start they dropped off like flies. it was entertaining to watch
A lot of people think Ext History will be much easier than it is. I wonder why that is.

veridis

droog
HSC
have about 20 i think. maybe a bit less. not had many drop. everyone was too stubborn and didnt leave themselves units room.
sugarplum - hist ext is harder in terms of understanding it all but ee2 is harder in terms of you gotta do it all yourself and you never realy have any firm idea of how you're going to go

HayleeKate

HSC
_Benji_ said:
can i join your class?
sounds like our ext 1 eng class.....
we have a great hist teacher but the class doesnt work well together/ as a group..... its really annoying.... everyone's just really different and then there's heaps that just complain :(
Sure, you can join. Its your turn for afternoon tea next monday.. we have 6 vegetarians so if you're making anything meaty you have to make special afternoon tea for them. Also, one girl cant eat carbohydrates, so thats no fruit juice or big lumps of bread. Thanks.

al_87

HSC
we started with about 10, but heaps dropped - including me (i got glandular fever in feb - never caught up. my fault) but the teacher didn't help. he was more a preach at not teach to...frustrating.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
there was about 12 to begin with. before the end of the year, 4 had dropped. within 2 weeks of the first term, there were 7 were left. then another one dropped cause his major seemed too depressing with the first draft.

another left after halfys. and now there is 5 left..with the head teacher on my back.

just today he accused me of plagarising my majorwork. i was so stressed!!! imagine spending half a year of hard work to create a 2500 piece of heart and blood, and then someone coming up to you to say that you plagarised :( fuck'n hell!!! then i asked my teacher and then she said, what plagarism...maybe a ply to get me to drop. after this incident i will definately not drop...im sick of it!!

X

xeuyrawp

moffat said:
we started with 25 students...there's 4 left
Yeah. They drop like flies. It's so annoying. I got a kid ringing me up wanting tutition, and he's failing ext. History, and barely passing modern.

I don't know why they do it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)