• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How big (or small) is your journal? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I'm about halfway though an A4 exercise book (still going though, so it might be a bit more by the time I hand it in). Some of my classmates are onto their 3rd or 4th journal...

What's yours like? And how 'tidy' is it? Mine's... not...

J

jhakka

Mine's typed, double spaced, whatever. About 80 pages. But that's because my drafts are in there, etc.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i just have a hard cover A4 book... it's no where near full... and most of the stuff in there is just printed out from the net or whatever... not much actually written in there. i also have a display folder with my drafts in it. SO all together, i don't have much to prove my work...

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I have yet to fill my 80 page journal, but it should be full by the time I finish sticking in all these sheets I have. Should be enough to prove my work. 3 or 4 journals is a bit overboard, geez.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
somebody in one of these threads said a while back (and i'm talking a couple of months!) someone in their class hd already done like 10!! if they're serious, then WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GET THE TIME AND WHAT DID THEY WRITE ABOUT?!?!?!?!

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
my journal is maybe a touch over half-filled, an a4 spiral thing
about 80% of it is really irrelevant stuff. i'll offer a few quotes:
"i hate human evolution"
"nosism: the practice of referring to oneself as 'we'"
"i really must avoid death"
and one of my latest entries:
"my reflection statement has become the joke i expected it would be"

perhaps they'll mistake it for post-modernism and bump up my marks

HSC
N/A
rofl @ f***foot

A girl at my school's on like, her 6th journal... - she's doing short story -

On the plus side, I'm at about the 3/4 of my first journal :) Whoop whoop for all my typing...

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Isn't the journal really just your notes and ongoing record of your process which isn't marked. So it doesn't have to be a work of sophistication, and doesn't have to be incredibly long, and doesn't have to have philosiphical revelations, just a few entries every now and then about your research and your composing of your major work when you actually do it.

By the way, in case your wondering, my journal isn't too long.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Well, your journal has to prove that it's your own work, and it's also used to show the evolution of your ideas. So more is more, basically. But if you think you can get by with only a few entries, then go for it, but it's a risk

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
Awww my journal is about 70 pages i think.... i still have yet to stick allllll of my loose pages in though. And theres NO WAY i could've ever possibly filled more than that, I think. And even if i had, it would have all been completely irrelevant. I did all the research I needed to do. But yea, I'll go through and tidy it up tonight, make it look all spruce and attractive :D

And this is what is going to happen ~ ahem ~
The marker that looks through my journal is going to squeal in delight, grin widely and exclaim, "What a talented, motivated and excellent student! (who is obviously very beautiful and good looking too, judging by the high quality of their work!) Their Major Work will obviously be a pleasure to mark, rather than a chore!" Then they will sigh wistfully, and stare out the window as they continue, " I wish hotcocoababe had been my student..... ahhhh....."

LOL ok.... and maybe im just dreaming.... :p

Last edited:
J

jhakka

Markers aren't allowed to have a class for the subject in the grade they're marking. :p

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
oh jhakka.... you just dashed my dreams of Ext2 surpremity to pieces!

*sob, sob*

I'll just go and erase all the nice, suck-upy messages i wrote in the front of my journal.... all the promises of chocolate and foot massages...they were all for NOTHING!!! *sob sob* !!

:p

J

jhakka

I dunno. If they happen to see it they might be more kindly disposed towards you. :p

zerzillia

mine's pretty messy....:p
can't be bothered to be organised
ah well.
my journal is 2 ring binder folders.

HSC
N/A
S'pose I should update you all on my progress... journal ended up only several pages full of an A4 Exercise book :D:D:D:D

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
i'm one of those annoying ppl...sorry guys!! i handed in 4 a4 spiral hard cover books. I put all my drafts, newspaper/magazine articles, stuff off the net... It's all relevant.... I like researching stuff so although it is all relevant, it was all pretty in depth. Also coz those books hav no lines, the equivalent of one paragraph on lined paper is like a whole page!!! Even though i know the journal isn't marked, i think it shows the amount of time (time that should hav bin spent on Economics h/w) that has gone into it. A foot high stack of journals is surely gonna be impressive....hopefully!!!! eep!

Aussiechick

HSC
mine's about half a 128 page exercise book of research and journal entries, plus 5 drafts of my story and 2 drafts of my reflection statement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)