• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how can I improve? (1 Viewer)

darksouljah

HSC
how can i improve my studies?

when i got my prelimz mark back.. i was below average
When i saw that..i felt like giving up school

please tell me how i can improve

thanks

vorahk

HSC
lol i say this to myself but it never gets done lol

study regularly!, do all homework, dont last minute your assessments etc etc.

easy to say, really hard to do, way toon many excuses and distractions :p

skinnier

HSC
i was in ur exact same predicament and then ifound that the best way is doing all the homework. even though it seems pointless wen u get to exam time u already know most of the stuff from doing all the work. plus if u have extra time wen studying for an exam because uve been doing all da hw try to do sumting extra dat noone else would do

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
darksouljah said:
how can i improve my studies?

when i got my prelimz mark back.. i was below average
When i saw that..i felt like giving up school

please tell me how i can improve

thanks
Study.

Force yourself to. Consider it as an exam or something similar, something that you *have to* complete. Then do it :D Good luck :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Just to reiterate what others have said basically you need to self-motivate yourself once you find that studying and improving marks is only a matter of time. This motivation can be anything from a short term goal i.e. rewarding yourself after a good study session\exam mark with going out or long term as in the desired UAI, which your study and marks will help drive you towards.

Basically use the remaining weeks left in preliminary to identify your weakness and where you need to improve and set out a plan of attack to do so. Constant revision will help immensely and will in the long run pay off. You might even use your marks as a motivation to strive for something better in HSC and show everyone that you can achieve well. Try your best and I wish you the best of luck.

*emi*

HSC
i am in a similar predicament...
didnt get below average in yearlies, but i think i could have gone better
not really sure how i'm going though because i moved from a selective to a private school, so dont know where i would be ranked at my old school
i get fully motivated to study.. but i cant seem to actually pick up the book and go for it... haha
REALLY need to work on that

Sofstar

HSC
Pick a smart friend and try to beat them. You're both learning the same thing, the one who puts the effort in to learn, remember and execute will get a higher mark.
You can stick diagrams/equations or bits of information that you always forget up.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Sofstar said:
Pick a smart friend and try to beat them. You're both learning the same thing, the one who puts the effort in to learn, remember and execute will get a higher mark.
You can stick diagrams/equations or bits of information that you always forget up.
That's some nice advice there :uhhuh:

HSC
what i do.. to keep up with everything.. is just set your benchmarks with your friends.. everyone's got a friend thats killing every subject... and you got your friends in between and the ones at the bottom... just ask them how they go about preparing for studying.. and there techniques.. there your friends.. should be able to relate to them better.. and theyre more likely to stop and help you out

thats my suggestion anyway:p
for the record.. i set my benchmark against my friends who always get top 5 and the people who are ranked just below me.. just to make sure im still working:p

zizou10-5

HSC
if ugot below average, then academics foe sho wasn't one of ur priorities, unless everyone in ur school is super geniuses or very dumb. Unlikely so shift ur methods, n punish urself to study cos schools gonna end neway.
Noone wants a shit UAI, some ppl may look down at u, n u'll get angry LOL

princy

HSC
Figure out how you study and how you learn, then use that to your advantage. If you learn by listening to people, get someone to read out your notes, or read them and record them. If you learn by writing things out, re-write your notes, summarise, re-write them again, until you know them off by heart.

vorahk

HSC
then you have this other noob whos trying to copy our essays... LMAO

hes just like.. i need an essay, can i have yours? thanks..

fucking noob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)