How can I self study for Engineering?? Suggest me textbooks PLEASE! (1 Viewer)

shy9488

HSC
N/A
Hi all,

I want to become an engineer.
I REALLY DO!! And its because I like!

But, because of the friends I made during the last couple of years (Don't worry I love my friends and I don't blame them for anything)
I got into bad studying habits and didn't study my physics well - AT ALL .

Luckily, my maths and english got me high enough grades to go to uni for an engineering degree. But I really don't want to be 'behind' from the first day since engineering is nearly all about PHYSICS and maths.

Im looking to go to UNSW or USYD. Tough, I know. That's why I want to get prepared before March comes along.

Please suggest me some good 'self-study' based physics textbooks.
I'm currently looking at "Physics for scientist and engineers with modern physics Eighth Edition" by Serway but its also 1440 pages long. I'm not going to be able to digest it! Or even go through it.

So PLEASE!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!! RECOMMEND ME SOME GOOD TEXTBOOKS!!!!!

BTW, i'm in canberra, so I can't do bridging courses or summer schools as such.

Thanks in advance for your time! THANKS!! :D

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're looking to get ahead for uni maths, check out Dr. Chris Tisdell's YouTube vids for first year maths; they're based off UNSW lectures.

shy9488

HSC
N/A
If you're looking to get ahead for uni maths, check out Dr. Chris Tisdell's YouTube vids for first year maths; they're based off UNSW lectures.
omg, lots of love of love to you, thanks so much!

Do you know about physics?? I'm thinking of mechatronics and mechanical engineering:jump:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)