How can I study (2 Viewers)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Sorry I would have to disagree with you guys. You can do a lot in 2 days. How do you know the OP didn't consistently do their homework?

FreeLearner

HSC
I managed to max my mid year exam for general maths and I managed to study about 3 days before, smashed everyone in the grade, I found using the Success one book the best, so I could do all the topics that were being assessed. When I walked out of that exam I thought I wouldn't get more than 80% but ended up maxing it, hope this is an inspiration to you! good luck!

har

HSC
Cram maths? Yeah, good luck. Maths is about understanding - not regurgitating what you've learned.
Well i guess i have no choice but to cram. However considering it is general math and i have a GRPHX calc so it shouldnt be to hard I hope lol

har

HSC
I do some of my h/w and have basic math skills but ya I'll just do some tests and look up problems i have in them in the text books
thanks people

har

HSC
I think I am rank 4/13 or something but all my class don't bother doing math till the night before

FreeLearner

HSC
to be honest, graphics calculators are useless, there more of a time waster. No one I know that got Band 6 in general maths ever used any of them, and from what i've heard some of their functions are harder to use than a normal scientific calculator. Just make sure you go in knowing exactly how to use it, you wouldn't want to get stuck in the exam trying to figure it out.

har

HSC
Everyone here makes me feel bad because you all are aiming for like 90+
what Should I be aiming for? here are my ranks

13/24 modern hist
10/30ish business studies
2/20 standard english
4/13ish general math
6/23 legal studies

I am kind of a massive fluke for my good ranks though :/
also my school is very smart i think they came like 7th in state like 2 or 3 years ago and my year is smart too.

enoilgam

HSC
As I mentioned earlier, this site does not give an accurate depiction of the "average" HSC student. Here, a mid-90's ATAR would be considered average, whereas the average ATAR is about 70 iirc. So dont let this site lower your confidence - the users here are mostly high achievers. Your ATAR aim is usually whatever is necessary to get you into the course you want (some people set their goals a lot higher which is fine as well).

If your school is really 7th in the state, then you would be looking at an ATAR around 90-93.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A

13/24 modern hist
10/30ish business studies
2/20 standard english
4/13ish general math
6/23 legal studies

I am kind of a massive fluke for my good ranks though :/
also my school is very smart i think they came like 7th in state like 2 or 3 years ago and my year is smart too.
Essentially, each person has their own aims. Some people just want to get the maximum ATAR possible and some just want enough into their selected course. In the end it's up to you on what you are aiming for. There is a difference between "think" and "know" - if you want a rough estimate it would be better if you tell the correct rank. However, by the information you indicated if it's all correct then you would approximately get an ATAR around 89 - 91.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)