how can I use other peoples notes?? (1 Viewer)

humptydumpty5

HSC
N/A
hi, people I just wanted to ask if somebody can help me out. I have always made my own notes but I wanted to try out and look at other people's notes. I don't know how to efficiently use them to the best of my ability when studying since I feel like since it isn't coming from myself it's a little harder. Can anyone list ways I can use them really well to prepare myself for an upcoming quiz, exam, or for just revising and studying in general.

andrew12678

HSC
I generally made notes for learning + revision purposes. I used notes to refamiliarise myself with the topic (doesn't have to be 100% retention, since you'll keep working on this in what's coming up) since I tended to forget content here and there over the year. Then I immediately jumped into exam/assessment questions, wrote out full solutions initially and kept questions/criteria I got wrong for later review. Closer to exams, I would just read the questions and if I could instantly think of how to answer it + checked the criteria in the solutions I would move on and only stop to do the tricky questions in full. I generally found that there were more questions available (e.g. HSC/Trials/School Based Assessments) than there was time to do all of them.

Greninja340

HSC
hi, people I just wanted to ask if somebody can help me out. I have always made my own notes but I wanted to try out and look at other people's notes. I don't know how to efficiently use them to the best of my ability when studying since I feel like since it isn't coming from myself it's a little harder. Can anyone list ways I can use them really well to prepare myself for an upcoming quiz, exam, or for just revising and studying in general.
I didnt make any notes for this year for any of my subjects and the main thing i did was to use other people's or tutoring notes while doing practise questions, so i learnt the content while in class/tutoring and then when i am doing any practise questions whether it be tutoring HW or past paper questions I would use the notes so that I didnt have to memorise everything, then as I get more confident I slowly stop using them and answering them closed book. Once I finish this I just do past papers closed book and fully timed.

Hiheyhello

HSC
i use them as a supplement/resource for my own
highlight the best parts and add them to mine for SUPER notes

this works especially well for humanities subjects

humptydumpty5

HSC
N/A
I am so sorry for the late response thank you to all I appreciate it so much. The help really means alot to me 😊

nourished.

HSC
Just to add to everyone's advice, use these notes as a primer. Since they're probably summaries, and written in a way that made sense to another student, you'll find that it'll probably make sense to you too. Read these and then make your own notes afterwards. Totally irrelevant, but the science suggests that you learn better when you've already come across the content before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)