How can this be?.. (1 Viewer)

azzikiel

Dj azzikiel...
HSC
At my school there are currently two different biology classes. Our teachers have decided to take the option of doing different option topics. How can this be? Is this allowed?

I have a feeling this is not allowed as this would play a huge influence on marks as there will be different assessments and therefore different rankings. Can anyone please help me out here. Thanks.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I dont see what's wrong with it.

Our english classes are all doing different things, eg. IJ/PJ, emmaclueless/bnwandwhatever, speeches/harwood.

lala2

Banned
HSC
SAme...chem classes are split between forensics and shipwrecks--nothing wrong with it

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Our classes are doing the same topics for that reason - to make it easier to rank people and calculate where everyone is in the grade.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
umm in so many of my subjects the teachers pick differents options etc and I don't get how doing different options should make a difference in ranking. In the hsc you get ranked with the state and people do so many different modules etc.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
don't think there is anything wrong with this; as someone said above...the english classes at my school too are doing different classes! :)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Yup quite common for diff classes to do the different subjects. Our english, and Music and Software Design and Development classes all did Diff optional topics and it doesnt affect rank or anything since they are the same equal amount of marks in the exam

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
My English class was like that the other did raw or something and our class was the only class that did state of shock, so it's not uncommon to do different topics.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
yeah whats wrong with it
all english classes r doing BNW/BR
except one teacher who wants to do emma/clueless
the teacher decides

Peartie

HSC
If the teachers want to do that they can....exam will be out of the same mark neway (or at least should be)

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
my school has two bio classes as well but we are doing the same electives, i think cause its easier to rank. this is the same with the 2 adv eng classses we have all the same choices.

HSC
Yeah, teacher choose which one they may do with their class, sometimes they may even be considerable enough to encompass the ability and interests of the class in choosing their topics. One other reason teachers opt for this, is they don't want the whole grade to flock to the hsc and write down the exact same text or topic, because this will impress the point that the school is lazy and doesn't want to script a new text or topic relative to the course syllabus.

im outz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)