how did all the 2003ers go? (1 Viewer)

Leanne

HSC
examination - 48/50
assessment- 47/50

mark- 48/50
i'm sooo glad that it went up rather than down!!! i needed it to boost my uai!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Jinglebell
it's not just the poets complaining.

call me a crazy person, but i really thought my critical response (which y'all could read in the showcase thread if you felt so inclined) was worth a little more than a 32 external mark...i was by no means expecting a 50, but i'm fairly pissed off all the same.

Jingle, your MW was great, I thought it was better than mine... I thought you would have been mid to high 40's for sure!!!! The whole marking for this subject seems screwed... get your teacher to put in a protest I reckon. People at my school who did short stories got mid 40's marks and I think your work (and mine, not being conceited but my teacher agreees) is of a better quality than theirs for sure.

Jinglebell

HSC
ash, i thought your major work kicked some serious arse...obviously got marked by people with absolutely no coordination who just didn't get it:) just like i'm choosing to assume that mine was marked by old shakespeare-snobs, in which case it's probably a good thing i took that exact term out of my reflection statement:p

i honestly don't think my teacher could be arsed putting in a protest on my behalf...besides which, it would involve actually speaking to her again, something i've long looked forward to not having to do. i do think my work was close to the standard of the mid-high 40's the rest of my class got, but meh...i figure even if i did get a higher mark it wouldn't push my UAI high enough to get me into UTS pub. comm:)

speaking of which...ash: you didn't quite get the UAI for journo at UTS, right? am i gonna see you in info management *gag*and looking to transfer, or are you gonna go someplace else? *edit* ok, i just happened to happen on a thread with your UAI again, i'm praying to the gods of non-rising UAI's for you to make it in, you have a chance!:)

Last edited:

rosie rose

hey all
well, i think congratulations are in order- we all worked daamn hard and it looks like it paid off, even if people are p.oed at their ee2 mark! i got 50 overall- 49/50 internal; 50/50 external so was v. happy. actually, was more excited about that than the actual uai... mebbe cause so much of the year went into the work...
anyhoo hope everyone had a merry christmas and will make the course they want at uni!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Thanks Jingle... if I miss out on UTS, I'm packing my bags for Wollongong, or perhaps doing writing and contemp culture at UTS, I still haven't decided..... my mind is a mess at the moment, can't decide, and it makes it more difficult that I haven't even seen either of these unis!!!!!!!! Or talked to anyone doing the courses!!!! Crazy...

Anyway, I really think you were ripped with ee2... my teacher and I still haven't heard anything from the board of bastards (hope they don't read this board... but I'm quite disenchanted with the system at the moment) so I don't know if protesting is very useful anyway.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rosie rose
i got 50 overall- 49/50 internal; 50/50 external so was v. happy. actually, was more excited about that than the actual uai... mebbe cause so much of the year went into the work...
Yay! Congratulations Rosie, you deserve it after having to "maim" your piece with editing... :p I'm just glad it's over, so I can start illustrating.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by grk_styl
Woooooooow!

Us poor '04ers' have to live up to such high expectations!

Oh geez, oh geez, oh geez, oh geez!

Congrats everyone! :p

*points at custom title* :D

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
goddamn, good results. Congratulations to all.

Poets were hard done by. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)