How did everyone go? (1 Viewer)

Shadowfaxx

HSC
N/A
Overall easier than 2017 and 2016. Except the frequent tricks NESA uses to fuck people over like eliminating outliers in titrates. Nothing exceptionally difficult ,people who route learn would of had trouble with a few of the multiple choice at the end.

bjw22

HSC
That was really good. I changed my answer for the temperature from the right answer tho so now its wrong rip...
Lol well I think it was right.

whatafeeling

HSC
I did better than expected but I disliked 7 marker and long responses for Forensics. I agree they were quite vague, I wouldn’t have minded if they were more specific

But I’m just glad it’s over, it my last exam.
Feels a bit surreal right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowfaxx

HSC
N/A
when they said chromatography, did they want to compare all the different types :( or just the princples and applications behind them. I dicussed liquid chromatography in detail but just gave a few references to the other types eg.gas, but didn't go in extreme detail about all of them.

Anyone get 0.02 grams for glucose?

Last edited:

Karldahemster

Student
HSC
when they said chromatography, did they want to compare all the different types :( or just the princples and applications behind them. I dicussed liquid chromatography in detail but just gave a few references to the other types eg.gas, but didn't go in extreme detail about all of them.

Yeah that's correct

Karldahemster

Student
HSC

It's for forensic analysis so HPLC and GLC

Powereaper

HSC
I just wrote down everything I knew about HPLC,GLC and emission spectra for a whole page, before comparing them with another page.
What did everyone do for the 4 marker between reducing and non-reducing sugar?

Joshfotho

HSC
What did people get for the final temperature of the water? I got 90 something degrees, but really have no idea if I got it right

bjw22

HSC
I got 88 degrees after changing it from 77 - a few ppl said 77 was actually right so idk. I didn't talk about GLC AND HPLC, I just compared the principle of AES to chromatography, and used GLC as an example.

Last exam wowzers - what is this actually having a life thing of which people strangely speak of?

Karldahemster

Student
HSC
Do you wanna explain why the efficiency is 38% and not 40%?
Efficiency would depend on the value you got from your graph. But for every 20% drop in efficiency there was a 5mm increase in distance. So every 0.25mm =1% decrease, so for 3mm (45-48), = 12% drop so 50-12=38%.

Although my distance value for the graph was 48.2mm so idk if they’ll except that.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Efficiency would depend on the value you got from your graph. But for every 20% drop in efficiency there was a 5mm increase in distance. So every 0.25mm =1% decrease, so for 3mm (45-48), = 12% drop so 50-12=38%.

Although my distance value for the graph was 48.2mm so idk if they’ll except that.
Hmm, well idk I'll probably only lose 1 mark, I don't mind c:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)