How did u go in the CSSA trial? (1 Viewer)

Spike

Bloody hard in my opinon
the multipule choice had stuff in it we didnt have in our text book iam not happyy

though III and IV were pretty easy

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
u serious?
i thought it was pretty basic...

juz didnt prefer the first short answer ques, coz i didn't cram much on micro policies (dark angel was on...and then some mutant X show...)

i kinda bs for the first essay, globalisation one. The evidence they had didn't really support my argument that globalisation is good.

AcCeSs-DeNieD

hmmmmm yeah
I also got caught up watching dark angel and mutant X.....=P
then I woke up to learn about my case study and ......................there was no f**king case study question!
lol

p00_p00

U boyz wont be up watchin Dark Angel by ep 6..... it gets reealaally cheesey by then!!!!!

Anyhow i fucked it up cause i was on this FUCKIN site most of the time and didnt study mutch.... still wanna get at least 80 though

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
haha shit
hmm mixed opinions eh

well, compare your trial to last yr's HSC exam
my trial was f**kin 10 times harder than that, in my opinion

Sarah

HSC
N/A
I thought the trial was pretty good.

Only problem was that there was too much to write about for the last extended response so i'm not sure if i covered that part well.

Not that confident with some of short answer questions but overall i think i did ok

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
minai, last yr was the first yr of a new syllabus. They usually make exams easy for them. And since ppl did so well in eco last yr, my predicting they're gonna create a surprise for us this yr.

way2stressed

hmmz....
I thought the questions were pretty basic, but I don't think the exam really addressed the heart of the syllubus (My teacher, a Senior Marker agrees)

I think they tried to trick a few ppl. with the multiple choice..but, anyone who studied could see through it. I didn't like them putting Labour market reforms in the short answers, but it was okay.

I also didn't like it being my last exam, cause it meant I didn't study as much for it.

Just my two cents worth..... :)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
i totally agree man!

The multiple choice made u fink a little. And i didn't prefer the short answer questions coz i did the least amount of study on that.

sif not 99

i can see myself having a serious argument with my teacher over interpretation and the ambiguity of that globalisation question because I spent 95% of the essay talking about my case study.

my argument was that Poland was such a glowing example of how globalisation can affect "global economies" i.e. economies affected by global forces, so I spoke about it in depth and made passing references to the Australian economy.

Meh, gunna be interesting, apart from that I spent an hour on the last question and found myself running out of time, and the fact that we have only done macro policy in any depth sorta made writing about labour market reform rather interesting....

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
ye i used my case study too along wiv aus, but only for 1-2 paragraphs. Highlighting two examples of the benefits of globalisation on AIEs and and developing countries. Den i spoke bout how some regions havent benefited as much if at all.

Way to broad to talk about so i only wrote essay focuing on growth, non material living standards and growing importance of external stability

philbert_frog

Malachite: I agree, except I still can't belive you watch that Mutant X shit!!!

My god its the poorest show on TV!!!!

...and poo_poo - some ppl don't watch dark angel for the plots you know :)

Sif: How could you write about your case study for 95%!? For a start I would have found it hard to write so much on one economy, and secondly the question asked for external stability, quality of life and economic growth on "global economies" not "a global economy" or "AUstralia and another global economy you have studied"

.'. I talked about eco growth, environment, distribution of Y and Wealth and the CAD and ex rate (External Stability) with some reference to Thailand (my case study) and Australia.

General On Exam:
Mult Choice:
Easy mult choice by eco standards - usually they pull some crazy ones on terms of trade or the multiplier with graphs to annoy people, but this time they didn't - thank god!

Short Answer:
Medium-Hard, esp q21 (enterprise bargaining), which suited Business Studies students perfectly, cuz its about 10pages of the biz textbook, right in the middle of the course, rather than 2 pages at the very end of the eco t/b.

That was cruel, and unnecessary I thought - although in last years HSC they put a full 10mark q on environment. However the key difference between Environment and Enterprise Bargaining is importance in the course - Environment is one full chapter, whereas Enterprise Bargaining is half of Labour Reforms.

Essays:
The globalisation essay had one very confuzzling part: the reference to "global economies". Can someone define what "global economies" are??? I know what A global economy is and what THE global economy is, but not when its plural.

sif not 99

lol tristan, zhao normo owns this board lol

i loved the labour relations question remember they can ask you stuff from the prelim course to and I remember doin an assignment on enterprise bargaining and AWAs and stuff,

I justified my essay by saying that this is how globalisation can affect global economies such as poland as an example, but I know I am going to have problems, the question was farkin ambiguous though but I answered it really really well though and its about fulfilling the rubric remember and I am sure that I did a good job of that,

answering the question well I did a great job of that with poland but any other economies meh dont know, regretting not doing that exchange rate question I really liked that 1

fuck neways all over now

lappang

Dunaferr NK soon FCK
HSC
N/A
The Economics exam was really fair in my opinion!!!!!! Hopefully i will do really well at least low 80's!!!!!!!!

Sazzy

Hey, i don't even do economics, but how did everyone go in the CSSA trial for it? One of my friends got 94%!

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I did my trial last wednesday or thursday? wednesday think, and Im still recovering from writing absolute crap it in.
The stimulus based essay was okay-ish except I went way off the topic and didn't relate it nearly enough as I should have.
The normal essay was absolutely shocking, I lost all my topic one and topic 2 notes so I had no notes for my case study, so I was relying on a good globalisation question for it - but, I got some stupid one and I so I just wrote alot of unrelated stuff trying to stretch it out to two pages.
The short answers which I usually do well in, were pretty hard and I didn't really study that much so I sorta stuffed a few of them. But you get that.
I just hope that I get 85+

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I can kinda relate to that jessika

Im just annoyed at it, more than anything
i hope i maintain my rank, dun need it to drop any further than it has (from 1st to like 6th in a few terms)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
yeah...I was third last year and this year until some stupid in class test...and now Im about 5th which isn't bad but I really want to do well in economics, cause it the better you do compared to everyone else the better it will scale.

oh yeah and I actually spell my name jessica but that username was taken.

sif not 99

yeah u do well in eco 90 + your pretty set up for a decent uai

my teacher said today that a student he had a couple a years ago (yeah i know different system and all) got a trial mark of 42% but ended up getting a hsc mark of 98%

so miracles can happen lol =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)