How did ur early entry meeting go (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
Mine went well, I think i might gert an offer despite showing low marks (comparatively)

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
I put in for Nanotechnology.

I think my interview went well also. Seemed like it went for ages as well.
Anyone know when we get our letters?

hrtyoung

HSC
well for informatics they said 5 working days, which would mean either friday or monday depending on how they do it (from the day or after the day that is).

I heard it may take longer for other faculties, especially engineering with the large amount of students putting in for the early entry scheme.

hoping friday though... fingers crossed.

spazamataz

HSC
Arts was way more formal than i expected!!!
I don't know if my interview went well enough to get in, and my only bad subject was mathematics which i got a band 2 in, so i got hammered for that.
But overall, i didn't go bad, but i didn't go the best.
Best of luck everyone!

PS. They didn't even look in my portfolio!! Is this bad? or did this happen to others as well? Scary much

Last edited:

harryc

HSC
Yeah, they didn't look at my portfolio today either. I'm cut, cause it like took me ages to get everything copied and signed by a JP etc. They didn't even want me to leave it behind for them to take a look at it.

And yeah, my interview was a little more formal than I was expecting, but I still think it went decently.

harryc

HSC
They told me I'll find out within two weeks of my interview (last Thursday), and it'll be through an email, and then a follow-up letter.

Naturally, I'm not expecting to find out until next Thursday....

hrtyoung

HSC
Anticipation... I know the feeling. I'm checking my mail everyday like a madman, both post and email!

harryc

HSC
Oh, don't worry, I'm doing exactly the same thing. It's really throwing my study off!

spazamataz

HSC
if it doesn't come tommorow im giving up on the whole idea and will settle that i didnt get accepted! lol

StandOff

Reidy
HSC
I got my letter back, got early entry into B Computer Science (unconditional) and Electrical engineering (2u maths > 80). Got my letter on wed/thurs, so informatics people should have their rolling in pretty soon

davehax

HSC
Do you get a letter saying you didn't make it? Or do they just not bother, because my friend got conditional early entry for the same degree (Computer Science) that i applied for and he only lives down the road from me

p.s. we both did the interview within 30 mins of each other

Nightsarah

HSC
I did early entry for arts on the Tuesday (last week was it?).
I was one of the first interviewees they had so I was glad they wouldn't be bored yet.
It went really really well. The interviewers were really nice, and she said "I think you will do really well" which I got very excited about.
I got to talk about lots of the good stuff on my application, and they seemed to be very familiar with things I said on there, which I suppose meant they read it carefully!
The 12 mins was up really quickly, but I honestly can't think of anything I could have done to make it better.

I'm also DYING though...I've been checking my email every couple of hours. Still got nothing. I THINK one girl got accepted for early entry for nursing...which worries me because I haven't heard back!

Anyone else in Arts heard back yet?
My marks aren't THAT brilliant (well, my half yearlys were but not my trials), so I'm expecting conditional acceptance, but I will be SO HAPPY if I get garunteed.

hrtyoung

HSC
Do you get a letter saying you didn't make it? Or do they just not bother, because my friend got conditional early entry for the same degree (Computer Science) that i applied for and he only lives down the road from me

p.s. we both did the interview within 30 mins of each other
I rang the university and apparently there was a lot of mail that wasnt sent... so they said they would email the results on monday if that helps.

davehax

HSC
I rang the university and apparently there was a lot of mail that wasnt sent... so they said they would email the results on monday if that helps.
Phew, that just made half my worries disappear, thanks heaps!!!!11!!one!!

Let's just hope i get unconditional early entry then :uhhuh:

hrtyoung

HSC
hey dave, if you have an problems just ring them and ask to get it sent to you... I rang them and within like 5 minutes they sent me an email today.

Comp Science - GUARANTEED!

major relief!

They are also putting hte hard copy out in the mail today they said...

Nightsarah

HSC
hey dave, if you have an problems just ring them and ask to get it sent to you... I rang them and within like 5 minutes they sent me an email today.

Comp Science - GUARANTEED!

major relief!

They are also putting hte hard copy out in the mail today they said...
Omg Congratulations!! Wooohoo! Good on you :)

I'm checking my email like every 5 minutes...I'm thinking about calling them...I'm scared for some reason. I think I just don't want to be too eager beacuse I'm scared of not getting in :(

I want unconditional really badly...(as we all do lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)