How Did You Answer The Parenting And Caring Part C? (1 Viewer)

orchid_violet

HSC
I am totally lost into how one would answer, it was so confusing! what did everyone else do?

sikofskool

i compared their rights and responsibilities to other carers like teachers and childcare workers and stuff, like how they all have a duty of care and how parents can use reasonable punishment but teachers cant touch them an stuff like that but most if it was just crap

Shmoo

i know what u mean! i had no idea what to write and it was worth 15 marks!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
i had to resort to defining the key terms and thats was about the only relevant thing in my response

sally_33

HSC
i agree this question was really hard. it just wasnt what i expected. all of them were pretty specific rather than requiring you to know numerous dot points from the syllabus as in previous years.

j.c.ka

HSC
hmmm basically it was the ONLY dot i hadnt made notes on.. i never thought they'd ask us that shit

BUT this is what i did

rights of a parent with 2 kids for a high ses background COMPARED to right of a parent with one child with a severe disability from a low ses

(eg right to access certain payments and allowments and responsibility of makign decsions for the dependsent regarding health)

then rights of a full time carer (like someone looking after ther mum) compared to that of a casual carer at a child care place (so like right of duty adn care and responsibilty to provide adequte supervision)

meh... that was my flow

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
j.c.ka said:
meh... that was my flow
i didnt have a flow for that question :(

i jsut wrote random trains of thought about social and biological parents and their rights and types of carers and teachers and neighbours.. oh it was a wierd list of nothing really.. so lost all my marks there

but then even on the other questions i wasnt totally sure if i was writing the right thing. The question about picking one group to talk about their access of resources depending on age, gender and education? what group did you talk about?
I couldnt think of one that had a fair about for each one. i ended up using the aged, scribbled it out and used the homeless

khairi

HSC
I did similiar to j.c.ka
I compared a nuclear family with a part time carer of a disabled child. Mostly outlined responsibilities; how they both have main responsibility of the wellbeing of the dependants, but how the parents also had the responsibility of teaching social values, morals, etc, and the carer had primary health care responsibilities. I ran out of time though, only got down 2 pages for it. And it sucked.

khairi

HSC
xox_eMz_xox said:
The question about picking one group to talk about their access of resources depending on age, gender and education? what group did you talk about?
I couldnt think of one that had a fair about for each one. i ended up using the aged, scribbled it out and used the homeless
I did the aged :( and most of it in dotpoint. I really didn't get it.

chidori69

yeah! im perverted!
HSC
it was crap.. in the last 30minutes i was here making heaps of stuff up... X_O

pear head

HSC
i didnt get that question about the age gender education thing in the groups in context.......other than that i pretty much bullshit my way through like theres no tomorrow...the test was much easier than i expected....all the unnecessary stress studying about all those factors inflenencing this and that....thank goodness its over!!!

DanielleM

HSC
l thought the age, gender, education one was easy l did the homeless and l did the homeless for all of them basically except for the last where l did the aged and the homeless
as with the parenting and caring question l compared parents in carers in terms of the torture/ discipline they can give, access to services and ability to seek information from doctors about the dependent .. hopefully that was right

centaine

HSC
N/A
I totally agree... the parenting and caring question was ambigous.
Sometimes i wonder who the hell writes the questions.. And for 15 marks it should have been more specific...
Im think ive answered in wrong!!DAMN IT!!!
I answered it in terms of parents having either a carer that is paid or a carer that is voluntary which was the different situation. Therefore i evaluated the rights and responsibilties in comparision to what parents would expect of a paid or a voluntary (eg friend) carer looked after their child....
WOOPS!!!LOL there goes 15 marks!!!
As for the rest of the exam...it wasnt too difficult, but then it wasn't "easy" as some ppl are putting it...I think my numb hand proves that!!LOL
Well is OVER...FOREVER!!!
Goodluck with everyones exams to come!!!

*Buttercup*

HSC
xox_eMz_xox said:
The question about picking one group to talk about their access of resources depending on age, gender and education? what group did you talk about?
Yeah i found it really hard to think of a group that had enough info on each one, i picked sole parents in the end.

Miss Jenna

Parenting and Caring question c)

This question was poorly structured and needed to be explained better. The rest of the paper was good though.

sara_whiley

I had no idea what to write, it was the hardest question in the whole paper.
How do you think you went on the multiple choice????

orchid_violet

HSC
sikofskool said:
i compared their rights and responsibilities to other carers like teachers and childcare workers and stuff, like how they all have a duty of care and how parents can use reasonable punishment but teachers cant touch them an stuff like that but most if it was just crap
I did the exact same thing... I mean that sounds the most logical, doesn't it? it was kind of next to each other on the syllabus... but then again with a question like that, who can be logical!

hall of mirrors

HSC
worst question ever. i wrote more on parenting and caring b) than on c).

i crapped on about how parents have the right to discipline their kids to a larger extent than teachers, and act as role models etc. then i crapped on about how carers should consult parents before installing any behaviour models etc. basically bla'd on full of absoulte crap.

judging from this it looks like the markers will be sifting through exam after exam of utter crap. hehe.

Zedmeister

Terminal Procrastinator
HSC
it was a very enlightening question

i believe my response was plumbable at best

i enjoy this course in all its intricacies

franibel

omg i think i did that parenting and caring c) all wrong!
i talked about diff rights and responsibilities in diff situations such as caring for disabled child, newborn, teenager, special needs and crap like that..
but i didnt do any of this teacher stuff

awww did i completely stuff up?
wat a waste of lots of marks

stupid subject...so glad to be rid of it!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)