How did you get in? (1 Viewer)

sarevok

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
I might look into acquiring more of the NRSL cut-off information from various institutions. It would give much more certainty to people wanting to transfer.
Do you think it's worth throwing an FOI request at UNSW law school to get the NRSLs for this and previous years? I'm willing to pay the FOI fee and do that, then post the cut-offs here.

Don't know why the school needs be so secretive about it...

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
sarevok said:
Do you think it's worth throwing an FOI request at UNSW law school to get the NRSLs for this and previous years? I'm willing to pay the FOI fee and do that, then post the cut-offs here.

Don't know why the school needs be so secretive about it...
I'm actually consulting someone about that at this very moment :)

I shall let you know. If we do it, I think it would be worth getting all courses NRSL cut-offs for the past 5 years, to give people a good idea of their chances.

deano059

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
I'm actually consulting someone about that at this very moment :)

I shall let you know. If we do it, I think it would be worth getting all courses NRSL cut-offs for the past 5 years, to give people a good idea of their chances.
could someone please explain what NRSL is?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
I just checked the FOI Act and unfortunately it seems that universities are exempt for such matters:
SCHEDULE 2 – Exempt bodies and offices

Universities—functions relating to dealing with information with respect to the ranking or assessment of students who have completed the Higher School Certificate for entrance into tertiary institutions.
So there goes that idea.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
deano059 said:
could someone please explain what NRSL is?
Non-recent school leaver.

Recent school leavers are those who are applying to university after finishing the HSC. Non-recent school leavers are those who have spent some time at university and are transferring. The NRSL cut-offs are different from the RSL cut-offs.

iamverystupid

HSC
Could someone provide some information about how the government loans work? That is, in terms of interest rate payments and how it is calculated.

Thanks

HSC
just read www.goingtouni.gov.au , it explains everything clearly.

Anyhoo, if you're taking a hecs loan, you only pay it back with your income reaches $39 000+ (not too sure). The loan is subjected to CPI changes. I'm not too sure on this, but if the CPI target is 2-3%, and inflation occurs (eg. at 3.5%), do you pay an extra (3.5%-3%=0.5%) 0.5% CPI charge?? or is it 3.5%

For full-fee loan, same CPI shit applies but with an extra 20% interest rate (to thank the good old nice govt)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)