how did you go? (1 Viewer)

100percent

HSC
i found the test harder than expected. nothing like 2004!
i think i got 62/120 give or take 5 marks. how about you?

renya

HSC
I'm not sure how i went

I didnt finish, and i think no one else in my school did either. the questions were doable, but we needed more time

Nissanist

potentially, i can get a max of 66 marks for questions attempted, minus 5ish marks for silly mistakes.

justchillin

HSC
It was indeed a hard test...though question 8 was really soft... i rekon i got about 103-110 give or take stupid mistakes

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Circle geometry and conics pwned me. I just can't do conics. In any case I'll probably get 95-104 (about 14 of the marks definately lost are from conics and circle geo... my arch nemesis topics. Oh well, luck didn't swing my way - c'est la vie).

Stefano

Sexiest Member
HSC
I estimate I'll get 60-70/120. I thought it was a really difficult exam. It was made up of all my weakness areas :(

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
lol, justchillin only 110 ? i'm disappointed :p

just j.k

but in all honesty, that exam was harder than (i) expected... not in terms of "undoable" questions, but in terms of the length of the paper. there were so many "continues" at the end of most of the pages, and every question was so prolific.

*sigh*and i didn't managed my time well at all - managed to finish via skipping some lines of working out, but only barely... i expect i'll lose many marks for condensed solutions with little working :(

ishq

brown?
HSC
Uhhh...difficult paper!

Circle Geometry was a BITCH.
CONICS WAS A BIGGER BITCH.

Did anyone else think it was toooo long? I mean - compared to 2004, 2003 it was way longer and way harder.

Or maybe its just me.

Glad its over.

香港!

HSC
Stupid Graphs!! I take too long on them, no time at the end, didn't even attempt Q8 lol #_#

Estel

Tutor
HSC
ishq said:
Uhhh...difficult paper!

Circle Geometry was a BITCH.
CONICS WAS A BIGGER BITCH.

Did anyone else think it was toooo long? I mean - compared to 2004, 2003 it was way longer and way harder.

Or maybe its just me.

Glad its over.
I agree it was harder than 03 and 04.
But circle geometry... that is the nicest question you will ever get for that topic.

wholovesmaths, did you get all the conics out?

justchillin

HSC
I know for sure though that I didnt top the state...not that i was going to anyway...I bet someone out there got 110+...in any case I just added up my marks then and I think pretty accurately i got 107..

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
There were like 3 more pages of questions than last year's exam. And for a heap of years before that

who_loves_maths

HSC
Originally Posted by justchillin
I know for sure though that I didnt top the state...not that i was going to anyway...I bet someone out there got 110+...in any case I just added up my marks then and I think pretty accurately i got 107..
well, i don't think a mere 110+ would top the state this year. there are heaps of ppl out there who are excellent at maths who do not post on BOS. i think that probably a score of 115+ is the minimum for topping the state this year (provided the person who got that score also did very well in his/her internal assessment rankings).
107 might just scrape a top ten finish... maybe just barely.

Originally Posted by Estel
wholovesmaths, did you get all the conics out?
the first conics question: yes.
the last conics question: yes, but i had to rush the working out for last two parts, will probably lose 2 marks for it.

ngai

HSC
seems pretty hard compared to other past papers
certainly harder than last yrs
but also more interesting than last yrs...most questions have pretty elegant solutions

who_loves_maths

HSC
^ when you say "hard", you mean "long" or "lengthy" right?
because in terms of the level of difficulty of each individual question, they were all relatively straightforward, compared to some seemingly "spontaneous" questions of past HSCs.
in fact, for this exam, one may even say that Question 8 was ... uncharacteristically easy. ask justchillin, he'll tell you ;)

Edit: when i say "lengthy", i mean of course that the pure amount of working out required to be pumped from the hands of a student in this exam obliges the overall difficulty of the exam.

Last edited:

wah

HSC
N/A
I believe 110+ is required to gain top 10 this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)