• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how did you guys find your related materials? (1 Viewer)

yvonnechan

HSC
N/A
I'm desperate and reaaaally do need some help.
Thanks in advance.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Read more. Watch more. Listen more. Spend time thinking more. Persevere more. Be more courage and somewhat crazy.

stuffuhsc

HSC
as u are doing esl, u must have know another language better. What i did is that i chose a famous piece that i have read when i was a child in my first language which should have be in english. In this way, u will know the text better and u just need to pick up some non-sense technique and u will be fine

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
I recommend not to apply too much of your first language to ESL since this really chivvies your English expression skill. It's somewhat like translating words by words and obviously it's the most ineffective way to study. Despite your perhaps better understanding about that text, you can't avoid the appropriation of your 'first language' expressions. Instead, you should grab a short and comprehensible English text which can help you gain a very common recognition of how your understandings are shaped differently according to how you use different language to approach it. That's how, I suppose, you get an insight very 'Englishly'. Remember not all the words translated to your first language are exactly the same as what the author means --> use an E-E dictionary!

stuffuhsc

HSC
that is a good suggestion from undermyskin but sometimes when u are short of time that might be a good choice becasue that was my case.

By the way, undermyskin u don't sound like u should be doing esl, ur english is far beyond the standard of esl. I think u must be aiming band 6. Wish u good luck in the hsc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)