• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How did you study for your Half-Yearly's? (1 Viewer)

bmwz4

HSC
nichhhole said:
no..
like 3/4 hrs beforehand.

I dont know how ive let myself get like this.. [been for these exams and year 11 yearlies..]

actually i do.

FUCK YOU TOM.
who is this tom...? LOL

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
sif memorise essays. lol

point form for essays ftw!
and then practise essays on diff questions =D

as for me, constant practise of past papers always helped ^_^
although, i started to run out towards the hsc =(

and notes. notes ftw! =D

williamc

HSC
Printed off notes of the BOS resources section for Eco, buso, English. Made my own notes for modern, 2 unit re the weekend before. Did a few prac questions from the textbook for 2 unit maths the weekend before exams started.
And the 6am wake up cram..
And i thought i killed my half yearlies except maths. Will find out next term.

kathrynso

HSC
I prepared at least the week before and leading up the the english exams, with prepared essays, stories and the like. Kinda annoyed that I put so much effort in to studying a subject that was only worth 10% althogether.
For maths, I did heaps of practice questions the day before and made my little points to remember on a piece of paper.
For bio and chem, tried to finish off notes but that didn't really happen so i just read the books and did questions. Did multiple choice questions from past HSC papers because I knew our teachers are lazy and just put some questions in the exam.
For dance well.. i just tried my best lol

i never wake up early in the morning to 'cram' or study because i'll never remember it. I always go to bed before 11 pm. I felt confident in all exams except for eng paper II.

HSC
English:
kathrynso said:
I prepared at least the week before and leading up the the english exams, with prepared essays, stories and the like. Kinda annoyed that I put so much effort in to studying a subject that was only worth 10% althogether.
I did that too. :( After the exams I was annoyed because, like for you, the English Exams were only worth 10%.

Maths: I'm screwed for maths. I read through past papers with the answers and working out. I wish that I'd actually done questions rather than just read them. And that my teacher hadn't been away for the month before the exam. Or at least that we had a substitute that knew maths. :(:(:(

PD/H/PE: I read through my notes + workbook, and highlighted.

Physics: I read through my KISS booklet and skimmed through the textbook.

Chem: Same as Physics.

In between this I was myspace-ing, msn-ing, sleeping, and of course BoS-ing. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)