How did you UMAT-ers find it today? (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
clockwise said:
Yeah that dingo/fox/owl question was EXACTLY the same one we did over in detail at the Medentry workshop...and im pretty sure the answer was dingo...
I remember it from the Medentry workshop too! Thing is, I didnt remember the answer lol.

But I worked it out, and it had to be the dingo. I think the question was something along the lines of:

I. Only one animal stole the egg
II.If it wasnt the fox, it was the dingo
III.If it wasnt the dingo, it was the owl (am right?)

So statement one says, 'if it wasnt the fox, it was the dingo'. But (statement 2) if it wasnt the dingo, it was the owl, right? But if it wasnt the dingo, then it also wasnt the fox, therefore it was the dingo, so statement 3 is contradicts statement 2, therefore it cant be the owl.

Similarly, if it was the fox, then it wasnt the dingo or the owl. But statement 3 says, if it wasnt the dingo, than it was the owl, but since it was the fox, it is also contradictory.

Therefore it can only be the dingo. Did that make any sense? lol

Anyway, there were several questions from the Medentry course! Like the one with the pilot, the diary and the plane crash! I hope no one is going to get sued or anything...

Overall, it was ok.

I thought Section 1 was pretty easy, especially compared to the practice stuff I had been doing! Finished with time to spare
Section 2 and 3 were no harder or easier than I expected. Section 3 was a bit hard, but it had always been my weakest section anyway! Overall, I think it wasnt too bad!

ssglain

HSC
drynxz said:
HAHA were you that azn girl in front of me?? GOSH how fast do u work! you were like 2 pages ahead of me for section 2 >< (i didnt see your answers, but i had an idea of what page you were on). How did you find that section?
Actually, I think I was the one behind you, if you were the one who ran to the bathroom near the end of S2 & I definitely wasn't any number of pages ahead of you for S2 - I could barely finish it and I rushed 8 Qs in 5 mins at the end.

I noticed that a lot of people around me finished early and were sitting around twiddling their thumbs in boredom. :mad1:

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
bmwz4 said:
i put that too yay, i even wrote on my sheet next to the answer the quote about her regretting it, btw it asked about aunty whats her name, the answer was D right, she didnt want the same thing to happen to Margaret and her sister? or did she wanna get back at her?
Haha i went with her 'trying to get back at her' haha, though I doubt that could be the correct answer since I don;t think she sounded too resentful in the extract.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Did anyone else fail in that ABC top/scarf/skirt question? i could not summon any brain power whatsoever to be bothered figuring that out, so i randomated.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
ssejamafone said:
Did anyone else fail in that ABC top/scarf/skirt question? i could not summon any brain power whatsoever to be bothered figuring that out, so i randomated.
lmao nah I got it =) ..
but it took up like 5 minutes ><"

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
mat2154 said:
i found it pretty challenging, esp section 1 and pick the middle in section 3. if anyone says it was really easy they probably failed or lied cause it was definetly harder than any practise paper i've done. i go to a selective school and everyone who sat the exam came out saying wtf and why was it so hard. i reckon that a raw of 80/110 will probably be around 250+
Yes!!! Freaking pick the middle is so going to screw me over. And section 1 was a bitch. I seriously can't remember is the passages in Section 2 were long, but it was alright.

ssejamafone said:
I think i might have gotten it, but it took a while, did anyone else pick "There wasn't enough information" for the very first question of that stimulus.

Last edited by a moderator:

bmwz4

HSC
Shrikar said:
Yes!!! Freaking pick the middle is so going to screw me over. And section 1 was a bitch. I seriously can't remember is the passages in Section 2 were long, but it was alright.

I think i might have gotten it, but it took a while, did anyone else pick "There wasn't enough information" for the very first question of that stimulus.
no draw a table, thats the info u need

ssglain

HSC
Shrikar said:
Likes bmwz4 said, if you drew a table, the first part of that question was actually pretty easy. The other three were a bit trickier because they were the "if this did not happen, then who is not wearing what" type.

princessmess

HSC
ssejamafone said:
Anyone did it in Newcastle? There were about 400-ish people there.

Personally, i found section 2 sooooo hard!!! It was so much harder and took so much longer to complete than the medentry papers.... TT_TT

And it was surprising how many questions i recognised from past practise papers. woot.

hahaha. same. luckily i already have a back-up plan just in case i dont make it (most probably). psych ftw!
um yuk.

i was at newcastle too.

seat 212 :)

aaand i reckon i went okay in the top/skirt/scarf question, but the patterns raped me.
the old lady said 10 mins left and i had no D's in my last few questions so i just went like D D D D D D. yuk. fail much?

Last edited:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
kloudsurfer said:
Therefore it can only be the dingo. Did that make any sense? lol
Looking at the question I would go with Dingo too. I didn't do the test though, :p

HSC
ahh daym, i think i stuffed up, i finished section 1 and 3, but for section 2, i ran out of time, so i had to guess, and put in all c for the last 5 -_-
inno i got 1 question right, and its that dingo one, coz i did it at that medentry lecture thingo at uts [thats what i payed $500 for......to get the dingo question right]

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Shrikar said:
did anyone else pick "There wasn't enough information" for the very first question of that stimulus.
I chose that for the 2nd question of that stimulus.

Lin22

HSC
im signed in as my sister, but im class of 07 as well.

i did the medentry course, and i recognised the pilot question but i could not for the life of me remember the answer

was it that the pilot was alive for at least 8 days? or that the diary was attached to the wing of the plane so it would be found?

this is really eating me up.

and the third section was hard.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
i picked "he was alive for at least 8 days" ..
that`s the answer .. right o_O" .. i was pretty sure it was

untitled.jpeg

HSC
N/A
xclusv2bhung said:
i picked "he was alive for at least 8 days" ..
that`s the answer .. right o_O" .. i was pretty sure it was
yeah thats what i got too bro

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lmao nice =D
how`d you go in the other sections aye , untitled.jpeg ?

untitled.jpeg

HSC
N/A
xclusv2bhung said:
lmao nice =D
how`d you go in the other sections aye , untitled.jpeg ?
Yeh i think i went alright
studied my arse off so i wanna do good
sum of it was hard though

how'd you go exclusivetobehung?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
untitled.jpeg said:
Yeh i think i went alright
studied my arse off so i wanna do good
sum of it was hard though

how'd you go exclusivetobehung?
LOL , its aiight , just call me Hung - username`s too long , so yeah xD

yeah ?
you should do fine then ahaha
uh , i kinda screwed up section 2 ... lmao not really sure why though o_O"

you wanna do med , i`m guessing ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)