• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How did your English Adv 1/2 yearly go? (3 Viewers)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Good luck w/ ur exams xrtzx n modelzsuck
congrats on ur awesome marks OutOfOrder
anyway 2day i got back King Lear essay and Journeys Essay
very shocked bout king lear, thought i was gonna fail... the way the teachers were saying how bad every1s was
i got 18/20 :D WOOT! and 11/15 for journeys essay
i havent got the comprehension back for journeys yet tho-i suck at comprehension so that will prob be crap

goan_crazy

HSC
i got 10/15 for journeys comprehension so thats alrite i guess
78% overall
11/15 journeys essay
10/15 journeys comprehension
18/20 king lear essay :D

total 39/50

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Got my results back in dribs and drabs over this week.
10 % weighting - Paper 1: AOS- comprehension and creative writing- 29/30
15% weighting - Paper 2: Critical study- Cloudstreet essay- 16/20

I'm pretty happy with my marks but I would've liked it if the weightings for the two papers were switched around. Keep in mind though, that they gave us half the exam to prepare for- I had a a memorised essay and creative writing. I'm never doing that again- it was such a stress trying to remember them.

HSC
I got mine back today...AOS (worth 5%) wasn't my most fav exam of 0.5 yearlies...i got 11/15 for part 1 (comprehension), haven't got creative writing back (i wrote like 2 pages, i ran outa time! so yay can't wait for results :uhhuh: ) and 15/15 for essay (where all my time went). Unseen texts...damnit i couldn't find meaning anywhere, but just avoided actually answering the question and rambled. I love the marker, so clueless, coz she's new, bless her little cotton socks :D
Paper 2 was just a 1 hr essay on BR/BNW (worth 5%), it was a world conference speech about changing directions of humanity (best form and question i thought coz you got to really express ur opinions about humans today without being soapboxy...coz the question actually told you to 'share your perspective') Got 20/20 (stoked and shocked)
Btw for the essays, did you guys learn heaps of points/concepts for the essays to be safe or just a few and hope they fit on the day. A few is generally what i do, and learn in detail. Though I should prob change that ey

goan_crazy

HSC
no miss_gtr u did heaps well i reckon...majority of ppl at my skool didnt even pass
like we had 4unit english ppl fail
seriously, 66% is heaps good at my skool...anything above 50 would b good 4 that exam at my skool

HSC
got mine back today. am pretty happy with my results. at our school anything about 60 is really good normally, but then maybe we're just stupid. we did AOS plus module b, and had 3 hours.. is that too long? It sooo didn't seem like it.

Okay, so..

AOS qn 1- 14/15
AOS creative response- 12/15
AOS essay 9/15
Harwood essay 13/20

Yeah i completely stuffed up the last two questions.. my writing was so illegible by that stage that i now how circles around so many words on my paper where my teacher couldn't read it.. will def. have to do something about that. But yeah, 74% and i think that puts me somewhere in the top 5.. so I'm ok with that for now, just need to work on the essays and my handwriting...wasn't an assessment so yay!

switchblade87

HSC
I did pretty poorly, I got:

Comprehension: 12/15
Journeys essay: 7/15
Wuthering Heights essay: 14/20

Ah well, I think it was weighted 15-20%..never mind, I'm currently ranked 27/44 people, and I'm in the second top English class, so its not too bad.

rusty_rouge

HSC
Wow - you guys all had exams??

Our school had a speech assessment on Telling the Truth/Powerplay, which was cool...no studying involved! Ony memorisation... *sigh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)