How did your trial go? (1 Viewer)

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
why do we get the "catholic" trial papers for?
and i just did mine less than 1 hour ago...
stress shits me :( but i manage to finish it well

ishq

brown?
HSC
Gavrillo said:
:|

It's already been posted?

Fuck me dead.

Say, he didn't post Paper 2?
I dont know - but isnt this some breach of something? I actually did this as a practice paper - damn it! why couldn't we have Independent Trials? :(

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
i really screwed mine up, i wasted to much time on creative writing so i had to resort to writing in dot points for the last part in the the last question.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
ishq said:
I dont know - but isnt this some breach of something? I actually did this as a practice paper - damn it! why couldn't we have Independent Trials? :(

it could be breach of 'something'...

for example the ARC trial papers were given to us as mock trials... at the bottom it says they can't be distributed or wateva like until September.. so our teachers didn't let us take them home... I assume it could be the same for independent...

but i think catholic are allowed to be distributed straight after the examination..

ishq do u mean u did the independent as a practice trial...?

HSC
section A --> did alright except for poem.
section B --> AWFUL!!!
section C --> did much better on this section than the others but wrote too much on the prescribed and not enough on the stimulus and the related texts. then again i'm a very slow writer.

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
Section 1= Not too bad except for the fucking poem WHAT CHALLENGES DID HE FACE?????
Section 2= Best section for me as far as writing it but spent too much time on it and i think my narrative sounds like a really corny plot for passions i pity whoever has to read it.
Section 3= That question shitted me. Realities and possibilities? Oh well still managed to bullshit a good bit out of it.
Damn catholicness.

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
section 1: found it easy but a little quirky...i did my exam back to front so the 6 mark question i dont think i wrote as much as i should of...maximum marks i can get for it is probably 4 or 5 at the most.
section 2: was a gift. cant believe they didnt ask for a different text type. i had my story memorised word for word...and my story was partially about the sun then i open the book and im like OMG SUN! and my teacher laughed at me =\. lol.
section 3: im surprised at my effort in this. i mean i was fully prepared but wow i wrote lots and i think it was all quality. it took me an hour but i was confident cause of the whole already knowing my creative writing and stuff.
so yay :D paper 1 was a gift
im so stuffed for wednesday though...dont know shit about emma hahah.

ishq

brown?
HSC
physician said:
it could be breach of 'something'...

for example the ARC trial papers were given to us as mock trials... at the bottom it says they can't be distributed or wateva like until September.. so our teachers didn't let us take them home... I assume it could be the same for independent...

but i think catholic are allowed to be distributed straight after the examination..

ishq do u mean u did the independent as a practice trial...?
If what Gavrillo said about it was right, then yes, I did. Someone posted it up here somewhere... The entire paper - Section I/II/III...
I think I still have the paper on my comp..I was doing it just last night.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
ishq said:
If what Gavrillo said about it was right, then yes, I did. Someone posted it up here somewhere... The entire paper - Section I/II/III...
I think I still have the paper on my comp..I was doing it just last night.
that's why they usually don't want them to be made accessible to students before a certian date i mean some schools don't have trials until week 5 or even 6...

Maybe there isn't any restriction for independnet papers... but i highly doubt it... there's a chance we could be doing independent fro some of our exams... and if some schools have made the mistake of allowing students to take them home... then obviously it will be unfair for others... and obviously illegal.. (if there is a restriction)

I really hope Mods will follow up on this... it will cause problems for bos if infact there are restrictions which have been breached

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
tofu said:
Fear of gout?
Yeah, what the hell did that mean? Was Keats referring to the medical condition? It wasn't footnoted or anything.

Oink

HSC
N/A
physician said:
that's why they usually don't want them to be made accessible to students before a certian date i mean some schools don't have trials until week 5 or even 6...

Maybe there isn't any restriction for independnet papers... but i highly doubt it... there's a chance we could be doing independent fro some of our exams... and if some schools have made the mistake of allowing students to take them home... then obviously it will be unfair for others... and obviously illegal.. (if there is a restriction)

I really hope Mods will follow up on this... it will cause problems for bos if infact there are restrictions which have been breached
I seem to have that paper on my computer too. It was a 2004 Trial paper. (I don't know what school)

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
i totally bulshitted that part i wrote stuff like the machete is a symbol of the overcoming of obstacles as she cut down vines n stuff blockin her way

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
tofu said:
Fear of gout?
rofl that question was hard...i was thinking...fear of gout...but i dont know what a gout is...so i used the land as the obstacle
Gavrillo said:
Nah.
T2 was an article from SMH about a father and his kid
T3 was a story about New Zealand
we did that as a practice exam in class awhile ago...

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
taco man said:
i totally bulshitted that part i wrote stuff like the machete is a symbol of the overcoming of obstacles as she cut down vines n stuff blockin her way

machete ! which one was that? Omg did i miss it?

bigwillz

Bigwillz
HSC
N/A
meh, 1st part was ok, then did section 3 luckily was similar to a few prac qu's i did about choice which i linked as posibilities. did creative part last and basically regurgitated any good bits of my 4u english major work in 5 pages.

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
gout is like a disease.

also i don't think i referred to the whole concept of realities and possibilities enough now that i think about it.

Lois_87

I Love Gorden Tallis!
HSC
Text two!

I thought the trial wasn't too bad, but I hated text two in section one!
I had no idea what challenge the boy facde nor what discoveries he
made. What did everyone else say for that? The other two unseen
were not to hard. I think I spent too much time on creative and not enough
on the essay. What did everyone use for there stimulus for creative? I
used the picture with the pregnant lady and the removalist guys.
I'm so screwed for the module paper. I know nothing for Emma and
clueless.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
muselara said:
gout is like a disease.

also i don't think i referred to the whole concept of realities and possibilities enough now that i think about it.
I'm aware of what gout is, but it seemed most inappropriate in a poem about a "naughty boy" :p

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
tofu said:
Fear of gout?
lol, exactly :p

I did the catholic trial too.

1st Q: pretty good i think
2nd Q: Probably my weakest section, but still 3 pages.
3rd Q: good i think, i got 7 pages out. i could have written a hell of a lot more though but i didn't have enough time.

the order i did them was 1-3-2. I did the essay second to get it out of the way and actually finish it. then the the creative writing at the end so i could end it shorter or making it longer appropriate to the time, and it's less stress than doing that and then ahving to do an essay on little time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)