How do handle double exams during HSC (1 Viewer)

Airstrike

HSC
I have an exam on the 22/10 with Maths and Food tech
Total of 6 hours...I have approx 90min in between the exam...
What should I do on the night before? Which subject do I study more?

And after my maths exam, how should Iprepare for my food tech exam? - eat a big lunch during the 90min + look over notes? or what?

Give me some tips! thanksss

madharris

HSC
N/A
If you study regularly both subjects (especially maths), it won't matter too much what you do.

In my opinion, if I revise maths the night before it doesn't work.
I think you should study food tech and just look over the formulas for maths

During the 90min period, eat lunch, read over notes however don't stress yourself

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't eat a huge lunch but eat enough so you're not hungry but not too much that you feel bloated.

The general advice:
Plenty of sleep the night before (~8.5 hours is good)
Eat a strong and nutritious breakfast and lunch
Drink enough water
Some rest in between the exams, eyes closed - like meditating for some time because your mind needs a good rest in between the exams
Take some vitamins/minerals and perhaps fish oil the night before and in the morning

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't bomb out the first one. It'll ruin the second one.

HybridKath

More like HybriDead
HSC
Yeah, ensuring you're in good physical shape helps a lot, I had English Paper 2 + Engineering studies for one day in the trials, (and ill + mental strife so special provisions), stressing too much and not having enough sleep will ruin you.

But yes, what someth1ing said pretty much sums stuff up.

As for how much you study for your second exam, I guess it depends on how confident you're in the subject. I top the class/rank second for Engineering without too much effort, so naturally, I did nothing but rest and obtain food for the ~50min I had. But if you don't do as well, reviewing key points can be useful, but ensure you don't burn yourself out or that could hinder you more than help.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Don't try and cram between exams. Just take it easy - have lunch, and maybe do some light revision - but don't say "One exam finished!" and then basement in the library for the next 89 minutes. You need to time to relax.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely don't try and study in between. I had two double days in trials, did fine for both on one double day, but on the second double day when I tried to study for the afternoon one it just frazzled my brain. So I reccommend resting and eating a decent lunch.

Airstrike

HSC
Thanks for the tips so far
These 2 subjects are my best/favourite subjects, so I really don't want to screw it up...because these are the subjects I can excel in...
yeah I'm not really a vitamin/mineral person either
I'll try my best not to stress :(:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)