HOw do I get a job? (1 Viewer)

Wohzazz

HSC
Hello, i'm a job noob and i think i should get a job since I'm wasting time at home doing practically nothing. First of all, i heard you need some tax number (is that what you call it)- where do I get that? Also, where am I to look for a job having no work experience? Any have a job and like to share the details of it and how they got to get the job? Thanks

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
you can apply for a tax file number by filling out a form you can get it from the post office i think..or visit their website. you should really get one cos they take a while to get processed and also if you are planning on going on hecs you need to have one.
getting a job: the best way is to ask around..you nothing to lose or better to do so just go a try

Jase

HSC
write a re-su-me an print 100 copies of it.
Distribute it via FedEx to all stores within your vicinity. wait for a call.

or.. walk around to every store in sight and ask for job vacancies. if they say no, force your way to the manager and plead for a job. or.. threaten him/her with physical abuse.
afterwards, give resume.
repeat.

~~Jess~~

HSC
its hard, i've put in HEAPS of resumes and hardly got a positive response. its too late to apply now cos they have done all their chrissy hiring in sept. so still waiting for a call...

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Talk to friends and family let them know you are looking for a job. If they are good friends and family they will find something for you somewhere. That is using your networks of contacts.

Next your resume, don't make up one and plaster it to everyone. Create different versions for different types of jobs that sell your skills that you will need in that particular line of work.

you can also do charity or unpaid work to keep you busy, this will also expand your networks and can lead to paid employment later on.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Apply for an executive job in a large transnational corporation and hope the employer is drunk off his nuts.

Nah, go apply for your TFN (Tax File Number) and then go around handing out resumes. You can always try applying for a position in a Woolworths or ColesMyer outlet (not just Woolies and Coles, those two corporations also encompass places like Big W, Target, Dick Smith etc. etc.).. you can apply online for this stuff. Prior work experience for this isn't necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)