• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how do i lock in this term (1 Viewer)

iloveeggs

HSC
i can't find any motivation to sit down and study bc im so overwhelmed 😭

i also have this issue where i spend wayy too long on something when i do find the motivation for it (i spent all weekend + monday working on chem when i have a 2u math hsc task next monday). i have so many things and so many submissions going on at once + extracurricular commitments. i'm really struggling to find time for things and i don't know how to prioritise. how tf do i stay on top of it all

im already cooked as of now but i have my 11 assessment block in 3 weeks for modern, chem, physics, 3u math, 2u and 3u english. i have my 2u math hsc task next monday and i have a modern history submission due friday next week. i also have to maintain my depth study logbook for chem. and those are just the formal assessments 💀

how tf do i organise my study and not hyperfocus on things. also how do i stop getting overwhelmed. i need to lock in and get band 6s im so sick of getting clowned on

HSC

i also have this issue where i spend wayy too long on something when i do find the motivation for it (i spent all weekend + monday working on chem when i have a 2u math hsc task next monday). i have so many things and so many submissions going on at once + extracurricular commitments. i'm really struggling to find time for things and i don't know how to prioritise. how tf do i stay on top of it all

im already cooked as of now but i have my 11 assessment block in 3 weeks for modern, chem, physics, 3u math, 2u and 3u english. i have my 2u math hsc task next monday and i have a modern history submission due friday next week. i also have to maintain my depth study logbook for chem. and those are just the formal assessments 💀

how tf do i organise my study and not hyperfocus on things. also how do i stop getting overwhelmed. i need to lock in and get band 6s im so sick of getting clowned on
its not that serious have some mental fortitude

liamkk112

HSC

might be a good idea to force urself to spend equal time on everything, can either do that by making a study schedule or just having a "minimum requirements" list e.g. one past paper per subject every week. if u don't rlly have motivation for a particular subject, just allocate 1hr a day every day or something similar so u don't get burned out. that's what i did for english, i just made sure i did one paragraph a day during regular terms so i was always practicing + reading over notes/quotes or building the quote bank every day, then for hsc/trials i did one section of a past paper a day. even tho i wasn't motivated for english, i just put it at the start of the day, and then i was motivated to finish the work so i could move on to studying the subjects i enjoyed more

for me during the terms tho i just grabbed a tissue and wrote what tasks i wanted to finish on that day and the next day - if i had a depth study for example i'd just write finish x section of the depth study by the end of the day, or write 200 words in the document etc, or if it was for an exam i'd just write which past paper i would do on thsc for that day or maybe a section of the textbook to work through

tvmm

HSC

spilt the time you do your work for, i get its hard to get motivated but doing little things can help. maybe try having a todo list for what you wish to do that day. you can try the pomodoro method so you don’t feel burnt out or overwhelmed by the work !! don’t forget to take breaks but continue to work hard, you can do this if you put in the effort! you can also make a study schedule where you slot activities in, for instance from 4-5pm you do your extracurriculars and then from 7-8pm you study, something along those lines. make sure that once you learn content, you try go over it at home to develop your understanding of the content you’re learning :)

iloveeggs

HSC
might be a good idea to force urself to spend equal time on everything, can either do that by making a study schedule or just having a "minimum requirements" list e.g. one past paper per subject every week. if u don't rlly have motivation for a particular subject, just allocate 1hr a day every day or something similar so u don't get burned out. that's what i did for english, i just made sure i did one paragraph a day during regular terms so i was always practicing + reading over notes/quotes or building the quote bank every day, then for hsc/trials i did one section of a past paper a day. even tho i wasn't motivated for english, i just put it at the start of the day, and then i was motivated to finish the work so i could move on to studying the subjects i enjoyed more

for me during the terms tho i just grabbed a tissue and wrote what tasks i wanted to finish on that day and the next day - if i had a depth study for example i'd just write finish x section of the depth study by the end of the day, or write 200 words in the document etc, or if it was for an exam i'd just write which past paper i would do on thsc for that day or maybe a section of the textbook to work through
thanks for your advice! i'll definetely have to plan better, breaking things into daily/weekly goals sounds good

iloveeggs

HSC
spilt the time you do your work for, i get its hard to get motivated but doing little things can help. maybe try having a todo list for what you wish to do that day. you can try the pomodoro method so you don’t feel burnt out or overwhelmed by the work !! don’t forget to take breaks but continue to work hard, you can do this if you put in the effort! you can also make a study schedule where you slot activities in, for instance from 4-5pm you do your extracurriculars and then from 7-8pm you study, something along those lines. make sure that once you learn content, you try go over it at home to develop your understanding of the content you’re learning :)
thanks for your reply! i def need more breaks lol i get burnt out

tvmm

HSC
thanks for your reply! i def need more breaks lol i get burnt out
that’s okay! i wish you the best of the luck, don’t forget to take a breather when you feel stressed and you can always get the results you want if you put your mind to it :)

HSC

sénior liamkk112 did you time yourself when you set out to follow your napkin tasks?

liamkk112

HSC
Very cool, also when working/studying do you try to complete your task as fast as possible or do it at a leisurely pace?
at a leisurely pace since usually that's how u learn the most and produce the best work, although if im demotivated to do a task i might set a time limit coz otherwise i'll just procrastinate

HSC
at a leisurely pace since usually that's how u learn the most and produce the best work, although if im demotivated to do a task i might set a time limit coz otherwise i'll just procrastinate
far out dude you respond quickly, didn't even have to wait a few business days for a response

liamkk112

HSC
far out dude you respond quickly, didn't even have to wait a few business days for a response
im bored now coz my uni sem is basically over
i'll find a project to do eventually and then won't be checking bos all the time lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)