HOW DO I MAKE NOTES FOR ECONOMICS?? (1 Viewer)

DrDawn

HSC
N/A
So my teacher gave us Chapter 3, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 6, Chapter 4 and Chapter 10 (in order) of the Riley Textbook for us to have a head-start on making notes (for the first term). The problem is that each chapter is roughly 40 pages long and crammed with a bunch of economic jargon

I need some advice on summarising the information and making notes, because I'm worried I might skim over or omit something that ends up being really important. Also what would be the best way for making notes in general for eco?

Last edited:

notme123

HSC
So my teacher gave us Chapter 3, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 6, Chapter 4 and Chapter 10 (in order) of the Riley Textbook for us to have a head-start on making notes (for the first term). The problem is that each chapter is roughly 40 pages long and crammed with a bunch of economic jargon

I need some advice on summarising the information and making notes, because I'm worried I might skim over or omit something that ends up being really important. Also what would be the best way for making notes in general for eco?
step 1: dont use reiley
step 2: use dixon
step 3: done

seriously ignore when reiley starts spewing numbers and stats and get to the main theory then make notes positive negative short term long term

laterz laterz

HSC
step 1: dont use reiley
step 2: use dixon
step 3: done

seriously ignore when reiley starts spewing numbers and stats and get to the main theory then make notes positive negative short term long term
yeah but the only problem is that dixon barely has any stats

yanujw

HSC

1) Take your economics syllabus, note down the relevant dot points for what you're making notes on
2) Using tables/headings to sort content
3) Essentially, you are trying to note down information that has theory, examples that prove a point or idea, and other things you need to remind yourself of in order to understand the content properly.
4) I recommend making statistics in your notes formatted differently so that you can see them easily

I have attached an example of the notes I have made - remember the headings on the left are right from the syllabusnotes-example.jpg

vishello

HSC

can you please email me the riley textbook to toplurker11@gmail.com. thanks

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Idk this is lazy on me but I just use other people's notes for economics at times, like if I cbf I'll do notes on some topic which I'm interested in or deem necessary for formatting and organizing but other than that I just use other people's notes since they do a pretty good job. I like notes for the fact it helps for memory retention, well for me at least, but I feel flashcards or some other medium is much more effective. You could just make notes after you finished reading every chapter? Whatever works the best for you.

I feel like you're better off reading the news and articles, and updating yourself about current economic events since teachers really like that in your essays. Dixon's not too bad also, but just skim the content and take the relevant stuff.. The theory doesn't seem to get too hard for the first topic at least

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)