How do I play online gaming with a friend, I have a wireless ROUTER as well. (1 Viewer)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Yo,

I have no idea how to play CnC generals over the net with a friend when im using XP, + firewall + wireless Netgear router. How do I set up for online gaming?
FOr any game?

Cheers

ReaveR

HSC
Do you want to host or just join? You shouldn't need to do anything if you want to join his hosted game except allow CnC through the firewall.

If you want to host..you gotta find out what port its doing through then foward it on your router, allow this port on your firewall. What firewall do you use?

This only applies if you CnC:Generals allows connect to IP play anyway, I don't remember if it does. It should.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
You also need to make sure you have the latest patch - 1.04 for Zero Hour and 1.07 for the original, I think. EA Games doesn't let you connect through their servers unless you're running the latest patches. You can get them from EA Games' official website.

I_F

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Vangineer said:
Yo,

I have no idea how to play CnC generals over the net with a friend when im using XP, + firewall + wireless Netgear router. How do I set up for online gaming?
FOr any game?

Cheers
You need to open your router's config (its netgear, so it probably has an HTTP server in it, so its most likely 192.168.0.1) and forward the ports to your PC...

You'll need to setup a STATIC IP on your PC for this to work well (DHCP leases expire and your IP will then change...).

If any of that didn't make sense, let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)