How do I relate CONFORMITY to my CARTOON? (1 Viewer)

lordinance

HSC
My teacher often gives me some cartoon texts and
ask me the question ''how are these ideas being communicated?''
I know it's all about conformity and individuality but
how should I structure my answer?

e.g
-visual techniques
-explanation (how do I explain?By just retelling the picture or what?)

Is it enough for my answer?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
talk about aspects of the picture and HOW it expresses ideas on conformity
so talk about techniques and then relate it to belonging
don't retell the picture
analyse it!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm just going to bullshit a response, given I haven't seen the cartoon:

The composer shows an isolated individual, alienated from those around him. He conveys this through the body language of the persona - the forlorn expression of the face, the drooping shoulders, and trudging feet - all of which culminate in a melancholy and unhappy individual who does not feel a sense of connection to his surroundings. Through vectors, the composer shows the persona looking at a group of individuals on the right of the cartoon, which reflect the desire of the persona to conform and be part of the group.

I was making up stuff - but you get the gist. :)

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
I'm just going to bullshit a response, given I haven't seen the cartoon:

The composer shows an isolated individual, alienated from those around him. He conveys this through the body language of the persona - the forlorn expression of the face, the drooping shoulders, and trudging feet - all of which culminate in a melancholy and unhappy individual who does not feel a sense of connection to his surroundings. Through vectors, the composer shows the persona looking at a group of individuals on the right of the cartoon, which reflect the desire of the persona to conform and be part of the group.

I was making up stuff - but you get the gist. :)
Just a small question on technicality, are we allowed to use dashes like that when writing english essays? I've never actually seen it done before and I've always had to use commas, which usually result in me getting flamed because my sentences end up too long. Using a dash here and there would make everything a lot easier but I've never dared to use them because I've never seen them used in HSC responses.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Now that you mention it, I rarely ever use it whilst doing English (writing essays, answering questions, maybe sometimes using it in creative writing). I type a little differently to how I write. That being said, I have no idea whether you are allowed to use dashes like that - you should ask your teacher. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)