How do I study Political Science at USYD? (1 Viewer)

fakermaker

HSC
Just received my atar of 96.65 and now I am deciding what University course to take.

I have various interests and decided to pursue these through further education. These interests include history, philosophy and politics. I figured that an easy way to branch into all three would be to study political science and figured that Sydney would offer me the best education for this area.

How would I apply for this kind of degree? Would it be a Arts degree? I looked but could only find Political economy. Is this the same type of thing?

Also, how does an arts degree work: would I choose only one subject to study or would I be able to select a variety of things?

Any help is appreciated.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
At Usyd political studies is classed under Government and International Relations. Political economy is different but related - I haven't done it but I think it's basically the study of different economic systems from a political perspective. And yeah, you'd probably study it in a BA, though you could also do it in a Bachelor of Political, Economic and Social Sciences or in a Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Science.

In a BA you get to choose a variety of subjects. Usually in first year you pick 4, and then in second and third year you narrow it down to 2 or 3, including either one or two majors. The BPESS and BLAS are structured differently, you can have a look at them on the Artsfac website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)