How do I transfer into UNSW actuarial studies? (1 Viewer)

mtran75

HSC
I really want to do actuarial studies ,however I doubt I will make the atar for actuarial studies and commerce because of my subject choices. What other pathways will allow me to transfer into actuarial studies?

icycledough

HSC

The link above describes how IPT (internal program transfer works). It goes into a lot of detail which I'll let you read in your free time, but essentially, for transferring into actuarial studies and commerce, you need one of the following:

1) WAM of 75 in MATH1131 and MATH1231

2) WAM of 75 in MATH1141 and MATH1241

3) Pass in MATH1151 and MATH1251 (having done both these myself, I can say they are very difficult, hence, only requiring a pass as compared to the other maths subjects)

mtran75

HSC
Do you know what courses have these electives?

icycledough

HSC
Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science (there's probably heaps more which will be available through online research)

mtran75

HSC
Also
Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science (there's probably heaps more which will be available through online research)
Also do you think it would be better to study at unsw and transfer into actuarial studies or study at a different university and then transfer into unsw?

icycledough

HSC
Honestly depends on a few things:

1) If you do have friends at UNSW and are confident in maintaining the necessary grades, you may want to stay at UNSW

2) If you want to experience life at a different university before hopefully being successful in transferring to actuarial, that is also a valid opinion; external uni transfer could potentially have easier entrance requirements

3) Depending on convenience sakes, if universities do open up next year, you may want to consider travel times

Honestly, I'm not too read up on university transfer, so best to talk to the unis or definitely research both options

quickoats

HSC

The link above describes how IPT (internal program transfer works). It goes into a lot of detail which I'll let you read in your free time, but essentially, for transferring into actuarial studies and commerce, you need one of the following:

1) WAM of 75 in MATH1131 and MATH1231

2) WAM of 75 in MATH1141 and MATH1241

3) Pass in MATH1151 and MATH1251 (having done both these myself, I can say they are very difficult, hence, only requiring a pass as compared to the other maths subjects)
Note that you'll probably have to already be in actuarial to access 1151/1251.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)