How do they mark the roll in tut classes? (2 Viewers)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
In math1015, the tut handed out a sheet with our name and we just ticked abox.

In chem the tut said we dont really police the attendance and didnt mark the roll.

Does that mean I dont have to do the tut sheets in time for the next class?

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
My tutor comes around with the roll when she provides assistance if we have any question; checking everyone on the way.

I would suggest you do as much of the tute sheet as possible because it defeats the purpose of having tutors there to help you.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Good, so I wont get in trouble for not doing the work its just my loss at the end of thee day

bio_nut

HSC
Just hope that nothing happens that requires you to apply for special consideration.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Because im not doing the work or because im not going to the class?

bio_nut

HSC
Well, they take tute attendance into account when you apply for special consideration. So if you're not doing the work at home as well as missing tutes, then something like a family death or you get really sick happens, you're kinda screwed.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Oh, so yeah hopefully I wont need special consideration.

lol.

My hair looks shit. bad week ahed. If hair is good sunday = good week if hair is bad week = bad

my hair has been bad for the past 2 weeks.

bio_nut

HSC
If you're feeling lonely at uni, you really should go to your tutes.

I made some good friends in tutes last year, especially a guy I met in my very first tute, we hang out a lot :)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Ive given up on making friends.

In my maths tut no one spoke,I even dropped some stuff on the floor by accident and the chick next to me didnt even like move to get it.

I must either :a) Be really really grotesque ugly
b) look pissed all the time ( I dont mean to)

Lifes shit, all my friends have gone to melbourne the rest are in UWS,familyis screwed.

Also got myprac tomorrow, says introduce yourself and select someone then exchange mobile numbers.WTF,I cant go up to someone and say hey wanna work together, theycould have a friend they want to work with or not like me.

bio_nut

HSC
Hahaha one of my maths tutes was like that, don't worry :) The other one I made heaps of friends, it really depends on the group. :)

Don't give up, maybe you're approaching the wrong people or everyone is still a little shy. You'll find people eventually, it's only been a week :)

oh, and for pracs you mostly end up working with whoever you end up standing next to, don't worry!

Shoom

HSC
N/A
thanks bio_nut.

Ill get back to you on how the day was tomorrow.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
It's only week one! You'll make friends. Plus maybe people will loosen up if you spoke to them first? I always talk to people in my tut classes.

BTW, GO TO YOUR TUT CLASSES. At least that way you'll have someone to steal material off if you skip lectures. :eek:

KarmaKitten

HSC
It's only week one! You'll make friends. Plus maybe people will loosen up if you spoke to them first? I always talk to people in my tut classes.

BTW, GO TO YOUR TUT CLASSES. At least that way you'll have someone to steal material off if you skip lectures. :eek:
This.

I've always found that "Hi, I'm Sam" has always worked for me. Just start some light chit chat, not everyone will be friend material, but atleast you have people to chat with during tutes and don't sit there in silence.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
If you give it a few tries, you'll eventually find someone who you think you can be friends with. No-one will bite your head off for striking conversation. It's all trial & error.

Just remember, that the first month is the best time to find new friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)