How do u do well in 2 unit maths (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
in year 8 i use to be a 90 % student at maths ...
then i got cable ... my marks got torn up :chainsaw:

Now that ive got time and am willing to do well , after the wake up call ( bad mark from my exam ) luckily the exam was just a class 1 which doesnt go to our report.

Im asking how do YOU study for maths . Do you just revise everyday ??

Some of the work i dont understand and the teacher aint to great , any help would be greatly appreciated

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
fcked up 2u maths in prelim rofl

never did my hw

10 advance maths = 95% =/

^___^
HSC
maths==>no matter wat level

practice practice practice

past papers, past papers, past papers

if u dunno a particular and want to refine it...get worked solutions problems and work from there

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
thats the main reason why i didnt get cable. i'm still on 56 and i'm like on the net everyday which is really bad for an hsc student. i know if i have cable, it'll be worse-after hsc i'll reward myself with cable :D but maybe you should look at things to prevent you going onto the net. like not turning your computer on.
how did i study for math? all i did was questions questions and questions :p formulas i wanted to remember were written on a pice of card in bright colours and stuck onto to my wall. i'll revise everyday if i dont understand something, but other than that, homework works fine for me. but everyone is diffrerent ;) work out what works best for you. like do an hour or maths and reward youserself by going on the net for 5 mins

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
thats the main reason why i didnt get cable. i'm still on 56 and i'm like on the net everyday which is really bad for an hsc student. i know if i have cable, it'll be worse-after hsc i'll reward myself with cable :D but maybe you should look at things to prevent you going onto the net. like not turning your computer on.
how did i study for math? all i did was questions questions and questions :p formulas i wanted to remember were written on a pice of card in bright colours and stuck onto to my wall. i'll revise everyday if i dont understand something, but other than that, homework works fine for me. but everyone is diffrerent ;) work out what works best for you. like do an hour or maths and reward youserself by going on the net for 5 mins
sif!!

cable never stopped me from getting into uni ^^

nah in all seriousness ... pointed it out

Practice, and practice

despite the fact i hadnt studied throughout the whole year i managed to get a few rushed revision weeks in before the hsc maths and got into b5 :D

although i consider i failed my maths since i dont really deserve the score and was merely lucky that the rest of the state did so poorly

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
the net is a distraction though and it also depends on one's self discipline.

no way. cable doesnt do anything. i was on 24/7
what u need is a tutor. a one on one one.
its not aboutt he amount of work you do. its about if u understand it or not.
make sure ur tutor helps u understand, no matter how long it takes.

(this only works for maths though)
i used to be an 80's student in yr 11
and in yr 12 i got 97 for 3u
and 92 for 4u

theone123

blue essence
HSC
stop whinging... u will will get use to it trust me btw it doesnt count to anything

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
u dont need a tutor, u just need to stop being lazy and do the homework ur given and study

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by worlds greatest
no way. cable doesnt do anything. i was on 24/7
what u need is a tutor. a one on one one.
its not aboutt he amount of work you do. its about if u understand it or not.
make sure ur tutor helps u understand, no matter how long it takes.

(this only works for maths though)
i used to be an 80's student in yr 11
and in yr 12 i got 97 for 3u
and 92 for 4u
What you need to do is stop this self promotion bullshit

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by theone123
stop whinging... u will will get use to it trust me btw it doesnt count to anything
this has nothing to do with the quote above but it is directed to you. at least spell princeton correctly in your sig :p

felafel

to do well in maths, you should concentrate on getting the CONCEPT right - pay attention in class, ask questions, get the concept right in your head!

and then, a few questions here and there will do the trick

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
it depends on ur situation, of my maths teacher he is the best maths teacher i have ever had.. and he is the same nationality as me so i find it easy 2 understand the work... if ur teacher is crap get 1 on 1, but if ur teacher is decent dont get 1 on 1 becuase different teacher have different methods to do thing and there notation can be different and might confuze u....
practice practice practice that is the bets method... do question from different books...
1 thing thou dont try 2 memorise formulas.... it is impossible with all the calcus intergration G.P and A.P etc to memorize all of them, jus apply them constantly and it will jus stick...
2u is easy, if u understand the concepts of it...

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Get hands on a few text books such as: Fitz Patrick, Maths in Focus, Cambridge. Then do as many questions as u can...

Get past papers....i'd recommend Success One Mathematics 2unit...it has past HSC papers...the advantage is that it gives a list of the topics and the question no.s and page numbers.

do these questions as they'd give u an idea of what type of questions can be asked.

Hope this helps.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
JamiL our first question is identical to the 2U exam question, and the other questions are unique. That way we don't have to do a moderating paper, although I believe it is feasible that the 2U people will scale up in comparison with the 3U people as the first question is just calculator work.

Of course this is only for preliminary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)