how do u forget about someone? (1 Viewer)

_Amie_

HSC
It will get easier eventually. I think its always good to tell the person how you are feeling, but only if you're comfortable with that. It will kinda let you know where you stand, and if in fact it is impossible.
ur_inner_child, your advice about rearranging your room? Perfect! The amount of times I have done that...its actually really good therapy. As for getting over the person, it will be hard. In fact, if the feelings are strong enough, it almost kills you (or maybe I just overreact). Writing is awesome therapy too...write some poems, stories, in a journal, whatever. Just get all your thoughts out and down on paper. Its kinda like in Harry Potter, when Dumbledore takes some of his thoughts and memories out and puts them into the (i forget what it is called) big bowl thing. That is such a good image, and yeah, writing does the same job. It doesn'thave to be good or anything, just random thoughts.

stainmepink

HSC
or maybe if u cant get another person, read alot of mills and boon books.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
slip said:
the only way you will get over them is if you have no contact with them (except when you run into them, so i mean you should not make contact with them, ie calling, email, sms, msn organising to see them)
But then don't you find yourself wanting to talk to them and thinking about them more than usual? I think someone suggested writing.. that's what I do. I write a letter saying whatever I have to and they never read it, but it makes me feel better.

stainmepink said:
or maybe if u cant get another person, read alot of mills and boon books.
My mum is writing one of those.. hah.

jellybeenz

HSC
I reckon cutting off contact works. I have had the biggest thing for this guy at school for 2 years and every Summer and holidays I convince myself I'm over him because I don't see him every day, but as soon as I do see him or talk to him the feelings come back.

But since I have never actually been able to get over this guy even though I know its impossible that I will ever be with him-- I don't know what to tell you to do. It seems odd that you can love someone so much and them not feel any of the same feelings for you. I think its why they are called crushes... coz they hurt a lot.

aj_number_10

HSC
Tao~te said:
just say u like someone for a long time, but u come to a conclusion that its impossible, so wats the best way to forget about that person?im sure its happened to all of u, at least mostly
u deserve 2 b with a guy whose going to treat u right
a guy whose goin to be there wen u need it

stainmepink

HSC
you'll be ok nearly everyone goes through this at some stage in their lives

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
stainmepink said:
group hug ... we love you :)
hey what's that pointy thing poking me? whoever's hand it is, get it away from my arse :D

what i do is keep a journal and also i might write poems sometimes to help me. the journal helps the most. oh and by the way, don't allow anyone to view this journal. i'm the master of my own writings.

Tao~te

HSC
how can fallin in love and keep in love with that someone for one year without seeing that persin in the whole year, basically ur in love with the image of that person in ur head, then u start to drift off into own imaginations and fantasies..........sounds weird and unbelievable huh?

Tao~te

HSC
iambored, u r absolutely right! they do become perfect and u start comparin everythin to them and still sees them perfect, dats maybe one of the reasons u dun want to see them again(maybe u do but) cos u dun want to destroy that perfection u've created for them and when u see the real them u dun want to be dissapointed with reality....which is that they are not as perfect as u've visualized them to be.
Looks like u had some experience ey? ;p

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
true

when u stop seeing someone and ur still in love with them or fancy them or whatever u can only see their good qualities.....but the idea of not seeing them also means removing them from ur life completely- thats the only way to kick a bad habit

even if u imagine/think about this person ur just torturing urself in one way or another...because u cant live an imagined life nor create an idea of what a "girl is like" as u see it

Tao~te

HSC
sometimes dun u want to live in that 'perfect' imagination? its times like these that makes u regret so much for not give it a try in the last meetin with that person...its surprisin that the more u want to get rid of that person in ur head, the more u cant, seems like no one that u newly meets will be as good as them...lol wat about this, u imagin that person blah blah blah, then one day for some reason u meet that person AGAIN on the streets, and u see that person with his/her lover and see them kissin, dats gotta hurt lol

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
no, the "perfect" person doesnt exist- its a lie, dont bother living it.

if u were to run into the girl with another guy of course ur going to be hurt, but what matters is how u react.......in the end u cant change their relationship/whatever. u have to accept it for the time being. the only thing that will hurt here is either regreting not going after her/fixing things with her or damaging ur ego and confidence by over-reacting.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I don't think you'll ever get over it. It'll take a long process to forget if you truly love the person.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
there are different terms in which someone can get over someone.

it could merely mean not thinking about them 24/7 anymore, or not feeling the need to be more than friends anymore.

the getting over someone thing can be small or sustantial. tao~te's version of getting over someone could mean entirely differently to someone else.

UBER-Dominus

UBER-Dominus
HSC
wat if say u told that person...n at first she acted al friendly n nice n stuff...n she doesnt appear to be taken or nething...but ur too chicken shit to talk to her in class so u do it over msn n shit..n u never get the guts to ask her out..n den finally she gets fed up or woteva n starts acting all hostile n unfriendly..n u hav no idea exactly why she suddenly hate u...how do u get over her then? and wat if u like wanna be frends with her...esp if u have like all ur classes with the girl...ne advice? is it better just to let go n totally shut her out or try n b frendly?

slip

HSC
nicko88 said:
I don't think you'll ever get over it. It'll take a long process to forget if you truly love the person.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Tao~te said:
just say u like someone for a long time, but u come to a conclusion that its impossible, so wats the best way to forget about that person?im sure its happened to all of u, at least mostly
why is it impossible?
you can't forget about someone... eventually you will probably just get over them in time.

vietbong

HSC
start to hate them n be mean to them...then soon enough ur gonna forget about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)