How do u know what your school is ranked (1 Viewer)

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
You people see what i mean when i say my school isn't very academic, it ain't even on the list for school ranking in 2002

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
I would tell you but i might offend people from my school, who might also use this forum. i can tell you that its a crappy gov school in SW Sydney.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
The list should have the schools that got no band 6s - as all schools are in the public forum - its not like anyone could keep a school a secret :D - I guess if your school's not on the list either it came equal last (no band 6s) or it got overlooked - or you couldn't find it ;)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
oh....*feels and looks remarkably stupid* thanks untamed animal....

speersy

HSC
N/A
i think the list should discount any people with UAI's below say 50. As there are alot of people in my year who don't try which has obviously brought down our school DA percentage

untamedanimal

Well a DA is only achieved with the highest band, and there are students who get over 50, possible even in the 80s who wont contribute to getting the school a DA. So according to your theory, anyone who does not get a DA should not be counted in the stats, meaning some schools, especially ones like mine would easily get higher than some of the top selective school percentages

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by untying_average
hmm... what's the difference between the first and second lists?
the two pdf files?
1st - arranged by NUMBER of mentions over 90
2nd - arranged by PERCENTAGE of mentions over 90

Nescient

HSC
N/A
HOLY SHIT! my school is ranked 94!!!!! hahahahahahaha omg im cheering!!! YAY... does it even really matter?

untamedanimal

The newspaper (SMH) only released top 120. Someone posted the rankings based on number of DA for all schools with atleast 1 DA and I changed them into rankings by %

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by aud
Wow... my school is 35th... but it says we had 1476 people sit for it... I don't think so :D 300 would be more likely...
Assuming that each student sits roughly five examinations.... 1476 / 5 = 292.2 ~ 300. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)