• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do u prepare for Trial Ext2 Maths? (1 Viewer)

Alleluia

UAI99
HSC
do past paper (my maths teacha recommended strongly)? or do the questions from textbooks? share the way together plz.

bboyelement

HSC
go over stuff you have difficulties on ... and do heaps of questions especially hard ones

P

pLuvia

Both, but during STUVAC you should be doing lots and lots of past papers since you need to see how they ask the questions

Riviet

HSC
N/A
As said before practise with past papers, I would suggest to time yourself and practise getting the first 5 or 6 questions done as efficiently as possible to give yourself some more time to attempt the last couple of questions.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
I reckon the most important thing in exam preparation is not to get worried if you can't do the hard questions, because you can still get a very good mark if you've got a solid grip on the basics.

In other words, try not to underestimate the importance of some of the easier topics because they are still worth a large portion of the paper. For example, integration and graphing are very easy, and so often I find I overlook them to concentrate on the harder topics like conics and mechanics; and I could risk losing easy marks if I have not revised them thoroughly.

Alleluia

UAI99
HSC
nice tips, it seems that different people has different way of study. Good luck in the trial! hopefully I can spot on both the hard questions and easy questions!

H

housemouse

Well it is EXT 2 Maths, so i dont think you are expected to ace the test.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
In general, if you do not know the theory well, do lots of textbook questions. After that, do lots of past exams.

Mumma

HSC
Brush up basics with textbook. Then just go all out with past papers in preparation for HSC. Thats my plan. Its because alot ot the HSC questions just seem so random. Questions in the textbook are all nicely planned out, placed in seperate sections. But in the exam, its alot harder to figure out an initial approach to a difficult problem. With past papers, you can build up that skill. Also, past paper questions are just harder than text book questions and their solutions reveal alot of handy tricks and methods you can use yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)