how do we do the synopsis and annotated?? (1 Viewer)

isitjax

HSC
N/A
my teacher gave me these sheets on how to do them , but im not sure if theyre right.

for the synopsis it says address reasons (for the qusetions and asnswers etc), content, and justifiacation etc

and for the annotated it's 'harvard style referncing ' and its:

type of resource:
author
year [published:
title:
edition:
volume:
publisher
etc
comments:

is that kinda stuff right???
are u guys going into ddetails in tyhe synopsis

also my presentation in my log book is really crap- if i type it will it loose credibility??? and are u guys handing in all your drafts for the essay???
and do we hand in all of our reserach sheets- like internet printouts etc???

thankyou for anyone who could be bothered to reply!!!!!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
ok, well ive prob said this on one of the other synopsis threads - this is what syllabus says and HTA ext prize winnig essays had 4 synopsis:

- development of question
- what materials inculded
- why materials included
- prominent historians used
- issue in history explored
- did u use a particular method when writing essay (eg. postmodern deconstruction)
- does the structure of the essay support the logical progression of ideas within it

for our annotated sources, we didnt have to use the harvard referencing system, just assess the source on its usefulness, reliability, bias etc. HOWEVER, if ur teacher has given u sheets specifically telling u 2 use harvard, well, id do it that way - they're the one whose gonna b markn u after all!

with the log bk: u said the presentation was crap - how bad is it? more importantly, has ur teacher been checkn it - coz if they have then theyll know if u faked it if u hand in a typed copy. personally i think it doesnt look as credible if u type it. i guess u could type some of it 2 save time and paste it into a bk or something and make sure that u write some entries in between. depends on how nuch time u have i guess. i guess if ur teacher hasnt been checkn it, u could argue that uve been keepn it on computer - mention in first entry that thats ur intention, for neatness etc.

i didnt hand in all my drafts 4 the essay - my teacher checked it once, so he knows i was doin it. i just wrote in log bk when i finished a draft and what id need 2 fix up in it (eg. still 2 long, needs better intro etc.). i definately didnt hand in any research - dont know bout ur teacher, but i know mine definately doesnt want 2 sit and read through a ft high pile of notes! thats what the bibliography and footnoting's for, if they wanna check something, the info is there for them 2 get the resource themselves.

hope that helped at all.

Paroissien

HSC
I don't know about everyone else's teacher, but mine knows that none of us (only small class, 6 people) have actually done the logbook truthfully. She doesn't care about that though, just what is actually in the log book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)