How do you avoid mistakes (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Also, questions are usually designed so they work out reasonably nicely in the end. If your getting unusual fractions, or heaps of roots etc. check over because there's a good chances you've messed up someone. It's not always the case, but it's often a good indicator.

shivacs

HSC
Thanks all of you for coming out with such open mind. Everything you said is absolutely true. But things that bothers me is the mistakes like 2+2 = 4 and I made 5 in MX2 in the first place. Then I come back. checked, overlooked and leave it as5!!! How do you deal with that when you get your paper back?

The most funny thing is harder the math get, I always cracked and got it right.
This is going on as long as I can remember. I tried and sincerely practice to stay calm, take a solid 8hrs sleep before the exam, do everything good in the book. May be that much is my personal concentration level which I don't know how to do better.

harry4

HSC
why dont you try getting it right the first time. you loser

Mitchell_man

HSC
I do the same thing all the time in maths tests, and it really irritates me [especially in easy tests, where I'm getting 95% and the only marks I drop are on dumbarse mistakes]. Personally, I find the best method to minimize it is, if you can [some questions won't necessarily let you, or you may not have time], go back and see if you can do the question in a different way - for example, with differentiating fractions, using both the chain rule AND the quotient rule, or finding a couple of different ways to prove a geometric question. Very time consuming, and can be frustrating, but if you've got time coming out your ears, it's extremely handy.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Going to the toilet with a bunch of notes in your pocket usually helps
Wait no that's English

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)