How do you challenge your prejudices? (2 Viewers)

cheap

HSC
I'd rather be the one prejudiced against. At least then I'd have less reasons to justify and hold prejudices myself.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
I get annoyed at people hating a particular race without a valid reason. (except Aboriginals, because we all know they're lazy and eat our tax money)

Even sexuality, I have friends who hate homosexuals with excuses like 'merely because they're different from us normal people and dress different'.

And people who are nosy when it comes to asking things about other people, sometimes I know those that would ask the weirdest questions to others and would creep me out.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i go out there and kill as murder people from as many races as I can. I then realise that we all bleed, and the colour of our blood is red, no matter what our skin colour is.

Razzah

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't like this whole 'you have to be tolerant of everyone' thing that seems to be going round these days. I am a fairly intolerant kind of person and I don't see any problem with it. As far as I am concerned intolerance is a good thing.

What goes around comes around.

Felix Jones

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't like this whole 'you have to be tolerant of everyone' thing that seems to be going round these days. I am a fairly intolerant kind of person and I don't see any problem with it. As far as I am concerned intolerance is a good thing.
how??...war? fights? violence? unethical behaviour? contracting to prophets and god's teachings? murder? genocide? mybe u could come up with few more
plz explain.

Felix Jones

HSC
ZJ NingNing said:
That is exactly why I am your best friend. *nodding*

I have prejudices too. lots, in fact. I pay more attention to better looking people. I care about how smart other people are, but once I really get to know them, it just matters less. maybe I am just used to their look and everything. but after I have known some people for years, I sometimes still have fits and look at them and think: my God you are good looking!
u ignorant superficial B#$@!...no im not ugly..lol :rofl:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
to threadstarter:
you work towards greater understanding so that slowly, over time, you can diminish your biases and change ur perspective.

eg. if its prejudice against another religion - go learn about it, try to understand it. if its a race, try to understand their culture. if its a minority in society (gays/les) expose urself more to it, try to see their perspective.

silverpebble

HSC
I don't think I suffer from severe bigotry. The closest thing to a prejudice I can recall is not being attracted to certain races in a partner, especially my own. I'm fine with friendship though and because I have zero experience at dating so at least I haven't actually rejected anyone for such a shallow reason. I would feel quite guilty for that since I've been a target of racist comments before. I'm not sure how much you can actually control physical attraction though. I try to put extra effort in noticing their character and remind myself we should be able to earn our praise. You can't hold someone "accountable" for something they didn't choose. Remind yourself they are just as human with the same needs for acceptance and happiness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)