• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How do you get rid of Search200?!?!? (1 Viewer)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
I have no idea how i got this , probably from downloading things and stuff. Search200 automatically becomes my homepage and it adds a toolbar below the address bar, and one at the bottom (although it can be closed - but comes back eventually). I've tried Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy but it continues to come back.
It's annoying and frustrating and i feel that nothing will get rid of it!! Please someone help me!!!!!
Thankyou.

Last edited:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Please download and scan with Lavasoft Adaware. It should remove the search bar

He said he's tried Ad-Aware and Spybot. Try checking your Add/Remove programs applet for an uninstall. Some programs won't be deleted by spyware checkers, but you can usually uninstall them.

I_F

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
insert-username said:
Please download and scan with Lavasoft Adaware. It should remove the search bar

He said he's tried Ad-Aware and Spybot. Try checking your Add/Remove programs applet for an uninstall. Some programs won't be deleted by spyware checkers, but you can usually uninstall them.

I_F
I've tried that tooo >< ahhh this thing will neva go away!!!

sladehk

le random
HSC
TRy:
http://www.search200.com/help.html#uninstal

OR:

Download LSPFix(http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm) and unzip to your desktop, then run it. Now, we need to:

1. check(tick) "I know what i'm doing".
2. click on (highlight) each occurrence of the following, one at a time:

cdlsp.dll

3. then click ">>", mo'ing each one, individually, to the 'Remove' pane.
4. (double-check, and make sure that only the above files are in the 'Remove' pane.)
5. click "Finish >>"

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Alternatively, (since I obviously didn't read the topic properly in my rush earlier), download HijackThis, do a scan and post a log for us to have a look at :)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
haha i use to have that search200 bullshit. found osme program and got rid of it. i am sure hijack this could also do this. and yes adawre doesnt work on it.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Why is it generally girls that post these kinds of threads?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ms antispyware = sux, adaware= sux, spybot is the only good one though that times is hopeless.

Try Avast works perfectly put it in on high heuristics and most likely it will prevent you from getting viruses. Though search100 is spyware/adware.

Download spybot, before u do anything backup everything and then run it and if that doesnt work, a little with startup (msconfig) and should be ok. Tweaking withmconfig is dangerous and so backup you files!.

MS SPyware and spybot focked me up bad couldnt remove spyware ridiulous software. As such i am running only Avast and no spyware killer, though Avast is doing fine job.

fatmuscle

HSC
really?

i run all 3 - MS, spybot, adaware
and since i installed MS, i've had less problems

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Indeed, there is no 'one' program that will remove your spyware. This is a common misconception that "Program X" will fix all your problems. A combination has to be used to achieve the net effect.

equiski

HSC
http://www.webroot.com/products/spysweeper/

SpySweeper has been able to remove any spyware/adware/malware that Spybot and Adaware fail to pick up. It is shareware so i only install it when i need it so that my 30 day trial doesn't run out too soon. I'm too scared to use MS AntiSpyware after some of the horror stories i've heard.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
It could also be a program which could be removed through Start > Settings > Add/Remove Programs. That's happened many a time to me before!

fantasia

HSC
yeh i just got this stupid search200 thing recently too. i just stopped using IE and started using mozilla.

fatmuscle

HSC
If you're interested...

The August 2005 Edition of PC World did a review on adaware/spyware programs. Here are the results:

% will refer to the 'scanning efficiency' or overall removal success rate.

85% - Sunbelt Software CounterSpy 1.0
81% - Webroot Software Spy Sweeper 3.2
65% - Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE personal 1.0
56% - InterMute SpySubtract Pro 2.6
54% - Safer Networking Spybot S&D 1.3
48% - Computer Associates ETrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware 5.0
32% - Aluria Software Spyware Eliminator 3.5
22% - Network Associates McAfee AntiSpyware 1.0
5% - Allume Systems Internet Cleanup 4.0

Please note that this is not a rating of the BEST software out there.
Note they have not included other well-known software as MS AntiSpyware nor our favourite on these forums HiJackThis.

and do also note that just because one software is higher on %, that it is the software to use. Continue using multiple spy/ad-ware removal software to ensure computer safety.

if anyone is more intersted in the article which goes for 4 pages, PM me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)