• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how do you know when you like someone? (1 Viewer)

twisted_sista00

OMG! custom status!
HSC
well ive never had any of these things about someone so i mustnt have
sure, ive thought guys are hot and stuff, but thats all superficial

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
twisted_sista00 said:
well ive never had any of these things about someone so i mustnt have sure, ive thought guys are hot and stuff, but thats all superficial
i think liking someone always involves some level of subjective superficiality, whether you're concious of it or not :)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
veanz said:
i think liking someone always involves some level of subjective superficiality, whether you're concious of it or not :)
whether theyre good looking or not doesnt matter in the end

uve never felt close to some1 u got to know???? whether its a really good friend or some1 u talked to a few minutes and wanted to talk more??

lengstar

HSC
love:
there is no way you can adequately define love for another person as it varies from person to person. love is an attraction between to people through various interactions. i don't understand love, i still find the concept hard to grasp. but for love to develop you need to have an interest in the other people. the first action is to get to know the other people. this way you can understand them better, have a better judgement of what you feel about the other person, and whether these feelings are true. if after an encounter where both parties are aware of each others presence, affection may develop between them and hopefully a mutual desire for each other's company.
this affection can arise from a number of things, love at sight which tends towards lust. this desire is physical in the majority though, there are cases where there is more, such as chemistry. chemistry being, pheromones, sub-conscious pre-determined interest in a certain body structure and behaviour. this i believe would account for 'love at first sight'
the other being an affection developed through prolonged interaction, friendship or the like, where upon a situation or conflict may bring two parties closer together forming a deep affection for one another based on each others compatibility and mutual trust.
so i guess if you love someone you are deeply affectionate towards them, otherwise its just a crush....until you do something about it.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
lengstar said:
love:
there is no way you can adequately define love for another person as it varies from person to person. love is an attraction between to people through various interactions. i don't understand love, i still find the concept hard to grasp. but for love to develop you need to have an interest in the other people. the first action is to get to know the other people. this way you can understand them better, have a better judgement of what you feel about the other person, and whether these feelings are true. if after an encounter where both parties are aware of each others presence, affection may develop between them and hopefully a mutual desire for each other's company.
this affection can arise from a number of things, love at sight which tends towards lust. this desire is physical in the majority though, there are cases where there is more, such as chemistry. chemistry being, pheromones, sub-conscious pre-determined interest in a certain body structure and behaviour. this i believe would account for 'love at first sight'
the other being an affection developed through prolonged interaction, friendship or the like, where upon a situation or conflict may bring two parties closer together forming a deep affection for one another based on each others compatibility and mutual trust.
so i guess if you love someone you are deeply affectionate towards them, otherwise its just a crush....until you do something about it.

sheesh?! i think uve been thinking way too much in2 love. if u like sum1...u feel the nd 2 always be tlkin 2 them. but generally, if u like them as only a firend then u jus enjoy the interaction u have with them.

anotha way is wen u think of not to think bout this person...and you keep thinkin gabout them. then u like them. k well this did'nt fold out that well 4 me. i tried to stop thinking about them. but ended up thinking more about hem... :D

well thats my opinion. but if u want ur feelings defined in oxford form for you. ask d love genious....lengstar.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
You can feel when you like someone, you want to see the person, think about them often, wished you would have done something when its too late..

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
i know that latter feeling so well it just aint peachy :(

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
veanz said:
i know that latter feeling so well it just aint peachy :(
well i would'nt call it a not so peachy feeling. its more like a stab through the heart. a knot to the throat. a twist in your stomach. ia load on your shoulders. get the point. well 'ain't so peachy sounds very let-offish.

well, when deciding love, think with your heart not with your mind. when you tell the person you like, speak with your soul, not with the thoughts of reality.
and in these typical should i, i shouldn't i situations. don't think but just do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)