How do you manage to pay to live on campus? (1 Viewer)

jizmiester

bex...u dont understand dude, ive been in training this holiday! I figure the more i drank this break....the more il be able to drink throughout the term! whatta u reckon! sarah says hi... speak 2 u on monday...nd il most probably run into you on thursday nite...i appoligise for my actions in advance!

and Popo! as for "Prison-esque", try to think of it as more..."Party-central"

peace...

WOOHOO ~ uni!

Mithoric

HSC
This was something I had been thinking about as well (myself also planning on doing game tech) ...

Thanks for the link bex to the campus acommodation pricing ... I was thinking bout moving into Bathurst to rent but jiz makes a point about it being more fun being on campus so I think I might go for that.

I've been saving as much money as I can from different freelance projects I've done through the year and have been working year long on a neat program which will hopefully make a bit of money and I've just started another 2 which I hope to finish before the end of the year as well.. (The first one being my major assignment for Software dev.)

bex

HSC
i understand completely!! for 2 out of 4 weeks holiday (i left a week early) i dont think i put the bottle down! unless of course i was throwing it out for a new one! when you say 'run into' i will not be surprised at all if we literally do run into each other!

hi sarah!! i need to talk to you about a certain neighbour- hmmmmm!?

bex

HSC
oh my.. dorm incest! haha i guess all will be revealed on sundaY!

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by Popo Nana
Yeah, seeing my brother pay for his textbooks made me realise just how much all that stuff is. Since I've gone to a private school since Year 7, my parents are using the excuse "We've paid for your education through the nose for the last 6 years, after this year, if you want to move, you're on your own", which is fair enough, but not very helpful >_>

Argh my rents also. Maybe I like being dependant!

kkorpz

Casual Wanderer
HSC
I wanted to do games tech..:( but i didn't get a high enough UAI so I am doin B IT/Teaching (secondary) at CSU Wagga.. I only have to do 1 math subject for IT.. but if you do Games Technology you have to do 4 MATH SUBJECTS!! insane!

Anywayz.. On campus life is so much FUN!!!!

bex

HSC
maths= vomit... be a comm and dance around pretending to be a tree for 2hours a week!

bex

HSC
maths isnt hard? or tree dancing isnt hard? for me.. maths is hard.. but im sure its not that bad for those who have an interest in the subject or the ability to do it

kkorpz

Casual Wanderer
HSC
Again i say i'm too lazy to read the posts... hehehe.. but i manage to live on campus only coz i get the money off my parents. Unfortunately they want me to go back home to sydney next year so that they dont have to pay for these hefty accomodation costs.

However, if you do wish to live on campus i suggest you bug the crap outta CenterLink and get them to give you money anyway you possibly can. Even pretend that your parents have disowned you and you desperately need the money.

In relation to textbooks, you can borrow them from any CSU libaray as they can be delivered to the campus that you are at. you get them for 2 weeks, then you reborrow then for another two weeks using the online library system. return the books for a 1 hour (usually they stick them back on the shelf after an hour or so... maybe you can wait a few hours if you dont think that they do) and then reborrow them! You wont spend one cent on a single book! mwahahaha!!

You can also try for the many scholarships that the University provides. There are also scholarships outside of the university that i'm sure you can find that will relate to you desired course. I do B IT/ Secondary teaching and was told by a friend of a teacher scholarship that pays $15000 and you get employment benefits too.

There are many things you can try.. i also suggest you try to find a job and hopefully you have a car so that you have a way to get to this job. I dont have a car so i cannot get a job off campus without having to bug someone to drive me to and from the workplace i could have.

Hope I have helped! ^_^

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I manage to work enough for me to pay to live away from home at uni.... this is in Sydney, where it costs heaps heaps HEAPS more than Bathurst, Albury (my home town) and Wagga Wagga... if you really want the degree, you will find a way to pay to live away from home... even if it means taking a year off and working full time to earn to money to get youth allowance. It's worth the sacrifices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)