How do you memorise tens of thousands of words of notes? (1 Viewer)

teridax

HSC
N/A
try to understand as much as possible with what you're reading, by actually thinking about what you're learning - therefore you won't need to read them over and over

alternatively, if that fails, orally recite your notes (fact is, hsc is a rote game)

Last edited:

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
The truth is that you're probably gonna have to read over them over and over again in order to memorise them. just go one sentence/dot point at a time and recite them to yourself till you understand and memorise each section. Just keep at it, you'll get there.
Smokin weed everyday
*Smoke

iStudent

HSC
Lol, my notes were 100-200 pages long (all text) - each sub. Key is to understand rather than straight up memorise :)

MrBeefJerky

HSC
It shouldn't be too hard to rote learn 20+ pages within a few weeks. My uni notes for anatomy & physiology were 350 pages long (43k words) and pretty much memorized it all in 1 semester. As said above, the key is to understand before you start memorising anything, it makes life so much easier. Everyone has different methods of rote-learning which they found most effective for them, for me, writing down everything from my typed up notes and consistently studying the material each day helped me to remember the important facts/ideas. Most importantly, being determined and believing in your rote-learning ability helps tremendously.

Last edited:

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
It shouldn't be too hard to rote learn 20+ pages within a few weeks. My uni notes for anatomy & physiology were 350 pages long (43k words) and pretty much memorized it all in 1 semester. As said above, the key is to understand before you start memorising anything, it makes life so much easier. Everyone has different methods of rote-learning which they found most effective for them, for me, writing down everything from my typed up notes and consistently studying the material each day helped me to remember the important facts/ideas. Most importantly, being determined and believing in your rote-learning ability helps tremendously.
Within a few weeks? Brah 20 pages should take you maximum 1-1.5 weeks.

MrBeefJerky

HSC
If OP is willing to sit down and start rote-learning the contents for 1-1.5 weeks then yes it is doable

crispycarrot

HSC
Alright. Toda...I mean tomorrow, I will sit down and plan what day next week I will print out my notes. Then if my study-momentum continues, I will underline the title.

Thanks heaps guys/gals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)