How do you pick out the First Year Students (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
You know whut, I'm not a uni-jigger. I go to everything these days, unless I'm so sick I can't walk. This is not to say that I don't fall asleep in these lectures. But I'm there, and I keep writing even when I'm asleep. What I write may not be legible or relevant.

And Usyd is nice to eat at, especially Manning or the quad or the front lawns.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I always assume those poor dudes who sit under the grimey Carslaw Building at USyd are first years. :wave:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I'm preying on the hot girls.

Be your new best friend.

decypher

HSC
blakegman said:
Lol i always hear how excited people get at UoW about the Unibar there.

doesnt make sense to me, its australia, most people have been drinking since they were 15, some even at school, who cares.
People get so excited because apart from the Unibar there is nothing except downtown Shanghai and the related stores that sell spring rolls filled with pubes.

You'll spot the first years because they think the ducks are cute.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
scarybunny said:
The girls wear heels.

Seriously, this first year girl wore heels for the first few weeks of semester last year. You could SEE the painful-looking blisters on her feet, but did she change to chucks or thongs? NOOOOOO. Stupid.

Plus they were ugly fucking shoes.
hehe, that's the same at the Con, which features a nice flight of stairs that descend four floors underground.

The heels disappear after a week or two :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
loser101 said:
- They all got brand new $2500 laptops

- They are wearing thier year 12 jerseys

- They carry in their hands thier textbooks showing that they are doing Law or Medicine.
Designer clothes.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
seriously every textbook that I was recommended I was like "fuck do I have to???" and would do everything I could to avoid ever buying it.

I'd be like "sir, I just moved out of home. I'll get it when I can" and he'd be so lenient. SO lenient.

I suppose textbooks arent that important in a music degree :p

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
After less then 3 weeks of study, they usually begin complaining about uni, and how they're getting sick of it. You also start to hear them talk about how much they long/cant wait to graduate.

Evilo

HSC
The girls get dressed up with makeup etc. The 1st year law students wear conservative clothes like they've got a day in court.

Evilo

HSC
Malfoy said:
And as if not wear make-up to university? I don't think that's just a first-year thing.
English please?

I spose i've noticed it a bit more living on campus. But every day the women would all be dressed up for breakfast and the day at uni (with full makeup etc), then further into year, the dress standard declined, and makeup was at an all time low.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
I'm going to be another one of the heels dickheads, if boots with heels count (chunky-ass boots they are, but still). I just feel more comfortable in them. I wore high-ish shoes pretty much all through HS, sport shoes don't go with much of my clothes, and flats are teh absolute suck for me. But no blistery shoes, they suck too.

K

katie_tully

- They look lost all the time
- They carry impossibly heavily bags with crap instead of the bare essentials

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)