How do you rate your school? (1 Viewer)

SanjoyM

HSC
Rank: 467 or something.. However, this will change this year :):)

SunnyScience

HSC
School rank: 210~~
Excellent teachers (so dedicated!! - best maths and history teacher in the state (no arguing.)) 9.5/10 (7.5/10 for the ones I don't have)
Pretty much every textbook you could want, in the middle of a 10+ million dollar refurbishment (8.5/10 once complete)
Cohort: really strong top 20 end (though the other 140 are pretty drop kick)

Excluding the large percentage of drop kicks and the odd dud teachers 9/10

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

ncoul

HSC
School rank: 210~~
Excellent teachers (so dedicated!! - best maths and history teacher in the state (no arguing.)) 9.5/10 (7.5/10 for the ones I don't have)
Pretty much every textbook you could want, in the middle of a 10+ million dollar refurbishment (8.5/10 once complete)
Cohort: really strong top 20 end (though the other 140 are pretty drop kick)

Excluding the large percentage of drop kicks and the odd dud teachers 9/10

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk
I think I might know where you're talking about. PM me the name?

HSC
Uni Grad
Teachers: You can tell which teachers are good on what they do and who aren't, so average and depends on which subject you do.
Resources: Crap computers and internet system (this year, I lost how many times the system went down and/or people couldn't access the computers), average library and sources, brills Performing Arts centre.
Performance: Majority or least a decent amount of the cohort in every year gets 80+.
Your Cohort: Got ridiculously smart people that could potentially get state rank or close enough to it in some of their subjects and will get in high 90s, average people and some do not want to be here.

such_such

HSC
Teachers: Great! Although all the good ones are retiring and there's this ONE English teacher that can't spell... hmm...
Resources: It could be worse.
Performance: If no one left, we'll do really well. But I guess it's pretty decent already. Can't say it's one of the best.
Your Cohort: SMART, state ranking people guaranteed. Especially in maths. Not at our peak this year, last year was more challenging :]

mrcomplex

HSC
Teachers: The English faculty used to be really strong, but lately the English marks have been falling and personally I think it's the teachers' fault. They don't seem to know what to talk about or how to address the syllabus/texts. Maths teachers are average, could do better. Social science teachers are good. Science teachers are good.
Resources: Good computers, library could do with some new book additions. Pretty good resources
Performance: I think we perform well as a school, but some kids with thick heads need to realise what they do affects others!
Your Cohort: Smart kids do really well and there is actually a lot of students who are competitive with eachother so I guess that shows the fight for marks. However the thing that drops everyones marks down are the fucking dropkick lads or kids who don't try to learn at all that are still at school (When really they shouldn't be wasting their time) that get shit marks and bring everyone down.

ncoul

HSC
Teachers: The English faculty used to be really strong, but lately the English marks have been falling and personally I think it's the teachers' fault. They don't seem to know what to talk about or how to address the syllabus/texts. Maths teachers are average, could do better. Social science teachers are good. Science teachers are good.
Resources: Good computers, library could do with some new book additions. Pretty good resources
Performance: I think we perform well as a school, but some kids with thick heads need to realise what they do affects others!
Your Cohort: Smart kids do really well and there is actually a lot of students who are competitive with eachother so I guess that shows the fight for marks. However the thing that drops everyones marks down are the fucking dropkick lads or kids who don't try to learn at all that are still at school (When really they shouldn't be wasting their time) that get shit marks and bring everyone down.
THA TRUTH, my schools ranked in a similar position, should be much higher if it wasn't for the extraordinarily long tail.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
All schools will have a tail. Even top 50 selective schools will have tails - my school for one, has a pretty darn large tail (~5 99+, ~20 97+, ~70 90+ - the other 80 or so are sub 90). The fact that I almost never study and do well worries me about how this school actually does well.

saysesame

HSC
Name: Too chicken to put in
Teachers: Some simply can't be bothered, while others are very passionate about the subject they teach and really do teach well. Umm... and some teachers' devotion to teaching a class depend on the students' ranks.
Resources: Usually not enough textbooks to go around, have to share one between three. However, I can't really complain since the contribution we pay is less than most other schools. Library has a lot of books that are inappropriate for high school students... English, maths and history faculties are pretty strong, and the music faculty has achieved a lot in extracurricular.
Performance: Fluctuation. Normally will have 1-2 99.95s
Your Cohort: Academically, a huge range of marks. However the top 20% in maths are crazily competitive and normally average a mark of >95-6% in tests.

Rate 8/10 :)

Last edited:

CallanT

HSC
Teachers: Few dedicated teachers, but they are far and few in between.
Resources: OLD textbooks that dont cover all the topics
Performance: As you can guess from the rank pretty terrible in past years
Your Cohort: Couple of stand outs, otherwise...

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Rank
20 something

Teachers
It varies. Some are really good and others not so great. Most are nice enough people though, and they'll all go out of their way to help you.

Resources
Not bad. Some textbooks are >5 years old, but I'm sure that's the case at most schools. Library's really good and the librarian's amazing.

Performance
Overall, getting worse each year. First year of the ATAR we had two 99.95s, last year the highest was 99.8. That being said, it's still a pretty good school and some years we'll have a cohort that does really well in one subject (e.g. we had 2/3 of the cohort get a band 6 in english advanced last year).

Your Cohort
Probably the worst in recent years. Everyone's lazy as fuck and unmotivated. English faculty have actively said we're going to do badly in english and are nowhere near as good as last year. I think we'd be lucky to get a 99.7 this year, let alone 99.95.

Ryazand

Meatlover
HSC
Uni Grad
Teachers: 7/10
Resources: 7/10
Performance: 9/10
Your Cohort: 9/10

maibuddee

HSC
Uni Grad
Teachers: Nearly all of them are really good.
Resources: My school's located on the same campus as a uni, so we have access to their library, labs, etc.
performance: Above average.
Cohort: About 30 people are extremely competitive and always get high marks. Everyone else is... not doing so well.

Rohanco

HSC
Name (Greater Western Sydney region)
Rank 350ish
Teachers, mostly are very good, literally none who just don't care but a few who mean well but just aren't the best at explaining things
Resources, I'm in a public school......
Performance, tbh mine is terrible, but the soul reason for my failure is myself, I;ve never for a second blamed my school
Your Cohort, 8.5/10

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Name: Not telling, selective school
Teachers: depends largely on faculty, Science is mediocre/poor.
Resources: pretty good in most cases but sometimes textbooks are old
Performance: decent, depends on the year
Your Cohort: Apparently they're very good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)