How do you set out your maths book? (2 Viewers)

Aesytic

HSC
i use the whole page, but i only write notes or the theory that we get in class, and i do maths questions on scrap pieces of paper which i throw out afterwards

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I used the loose leaf ruled paper (still do).

Was good because I could have all my notes at the start of the topic then answers to the questions at the end, and have it all in order and stuff. If we ever went back over it, just chucked it in the folder in the correct place!

Notes were always really neat (but I write quite small) to make it easier to go over it, but my exercises were horribly messy haha.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
Fair point about the ex. book/loose leaf. No one cares which one you use, if you're worrying about it, you need to sort your priorities out.

But I disagree about refuting the three points presented by Carrotsticks: it's not a matter of personal preference. If your book is divided in two and you cram your writing for no reason, you're not very intelligent.

I think I wrote about 8 lines per page for my HSC exams in maths. Big writing = clear, easy to mark.
1. Um, ok. I never mentioned my preference nor any vexation over the matter. What's that got to do with anything?

2. Really? So basically you're saying that I'm not very intelligent if I divide my pages into two and "cram my writing" (which I don't, btw)? I divide my page in 2 cuz I fucking can (100% personal preference) and I'm the only one who looks at it. Your correlation is arrogant and remarkably stupid.

3. What one does in an exam is very different to how one sets out a work book. I write nice and big in exams because I couldn't give a shit how much paper I'm using because it's scrap paper and I'm not paying for it, and like you said, it's easier to mark.

SunnyScience

HSC
Maybe the more strictly you follow this working out, the closer you will get to a State Rank in Mathematics.
Followed it to the dot for 4 years straight now. If I don't get a band 6, I will literally cry and a large part of me will die.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)