• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do you store your shoes?! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Ah... so inspired by the "how do you store jewellery" thread.

Ok girls (or guys who are obsessed with shoes). How do you store your shoes?

I'm currently in the process of building up a decent shoe collection... I started by removing all my shoes from the garage (gets really hot during the day, not much room so normally shoes are just piled on top of each other, TERRIBLE conditions for precious shoes!) and getting them into my room. I cleaned out two shelves - the top is where I lined up my day-to-day shoes, the bottom one is fast filling up with my nice/expensive heels which I'm keeping in their boxes. But I'm running out of space!!! (How did Carrie Bradshaw manage to keep her hundreds of Manalos, I wonder...?)

I've seen shoe racks used to fabulous effect, however I can't find ones that will fit... I've checked out a few storage places and all I find are the two-rack ones. HELLO! I want one that's got at least four racks, if not six! I've also seen little hanging shoe things that can store about 8-10 shoes. But again, that'd fill up pretty fast...

At this rate I might have to look into getting a cheap set of shelves with adjustable shelves (so I can have lots of narrow shelves, perfect for shoes) but until then, I'm still hunting for a shoe rack or some other brilliant shoe storage idea.

Any ideas?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i have one of those material things you can hang off a door, and i hang it on the inside of my wardrobe and thats really good.
pros=handy, fits about 20 shoes, is out of the way and doesent take up much space
cons= the door may be hard to open, if you have millions of shoes like me they wont all fit

HSC
N/A
Heaven! I want, I want!

Shoe Rack of my Dreams

Wish some of the rows were angled a bit more sharply (bit worried that the higher heels will overbalance) but otherwise, this is ideally what I want...

Bubble_Toes

HSC
yeah the hanging shoe things are really good and you can put easy to store shoes and stuff in there like thongs, and slip ons... and then high heels can go in their boxes on your shelves... personally i have 1 set of shoe racks which is way to small and the rest of my shoes are just lined up at the foot of my bed...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Um, I shove all my shoes in the cupboard under the stairs. Usually in some disorganised pile.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
many are downstairs or/near the shoe rack, and i've got a few pairs that i dont wear much in my wardrobe (not a good place for anything you dont want to be really crushed). the ones i wear a lot are usually left lying around the house somewhere

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
despite having a shoe hanging thing, 80% of my shoes are lying around either my house or my boyfriends house

HSC
storing shoes properly is so overrated. all mine are just stuffed in my wardrobe and they are fine.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
were in the wardrobe, but now have their own drawer (well, the ones i wear)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
in the hanging section of my cupboard I have one of those fabric hanging shoe things which holds about 10-15 pairs of shoes. Underneath my clothes that are hanging i have my nice shoes in shoe boxes and on the other side of my wardrobe I have large shelves and the bottom one is reserved for my other shoes- shoes I don't wear much or werent very expensive, work shoes, runners, sneakers etc.

felixcthecat

HSC
keep the shoe boxes~ and um leave then in there in ur wardrobe until u wear them! if u liv in ur room~ the condition's can't be too bad =P

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Just on the shoe rack, along with my all my family's shoes. If they're expesive shoes, I store them in my wardrobe, each in a shoebox.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I had, at one stage, all my shoes in their proper shoe boxes. No jokes. My room was clean once.

Haha once.

Theyre everywhere, on the floor, desk, on top of clothes, in the middle of clothe piles, in cupboard, downstairs, in study, in loungeroom, in bathroom, in hallway, etc.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i have boxes and boxes of shoes stored in my cupboard
most of which i dont wear
some brand new never been touched
alot of which are being given away and alot of my shoes i already have given them away
and thats my story
shoved in the cupboard...until i go through them and tidy them up then shove them back in

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
theres a pile of shoes next to the front door, that sometimes trails about 10m to the kitchen/dining room.
the shoes i wear on a regular basis and my work shoes are there. and some of my mums shoes are there.
then all my heels and dance shoes and other assorted shoes are under my bed, under piles of clothes, or in shoes boxes piled on top of each other in my cupboard.

frootloop

HSC
If they are new/haven't been worn yet or I don't wear them often I store them in their original box... with the label facing outwards (so I know what's inside without having to look in). The boxes are stacked up on top of each other...

If not, then I use those shoe rack things so that the shoe is perpendicular to the floor... lol, I don't know how to describe it but you know what I mean, right? You know, you slide the shoe onto the metal bit and, yeah.

Often, I'll have some shoes lying around on the floor...

Feotus-232

In a gutter vodka in one hand goon in the other...
HSC
Thongs, everyday shoes, joggers, never-to-be-worn-again school shoes and paddock boots are in the boot box at the back door with everyone elses, and so it is a comon occurance to spend an hr finding a matching shoe, or to walk out the door to find someone has spread shoes from one end of the backyard to the other.
Good shoes/heels in their boxes in my wardrobe, assorted shoes spread around my room, the loungeroom, kitchen, parents room etc Missing shoes can be found in a car, or the next door neighbours dogs mouth. OOO and now have a habit of leaving shoes at friends places. Really I only wear a few different pairs of shoes so maybe i need to get rid of the ones I dont wear

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)