How does early entry work? (1 Viewer)

iane

HSC
Hi guys, I’m not very sure about early entry and I have a few questions.

1. Does the good selective school like ruse students apply for early entry?
2. Does early entry have a high acceptance rate?
3. If I get early entry do I have to keep learning the course that I got it for or could I switch later on?
4. What grades is likely to be accepted and do you need any extracurriculars?

thanks for your time.

carrotsss

HSC
2. Yes very high
3. You can switch at any time, early entry doesn’t lock you in you still get normal UAC offers too. Early entry doesn’t actually mean u have to enrol or anything like that early
4. Depends on the course and uni but probably lower than you think

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Early entry schemes are, in many cases, available to most HSC students, regardless of the school that they attend. As such, it is reasonable to suggest that even academically capable students at high-ranked selective schools may apply for early entry schemes. Any student would appreciate an increased chance of receiving an offer to their chosen degree(s).

2. The chances of receiving an offer through an early entry scheme depend on the scheme in question. You may already be aware that there are multiple early entry schemes available for students to apply for. The requirements of each early entry scheme can differ, because of which the chances of receiving an early offer can vary.

3. If you enrol in the course that you were made an early offer for, you can definitely change your course at a later stage. You may be able to transfer internally (that is, to a different course within the same university) or externally (that is, to an equivalent or different course at another university). This is in the same manner as students who receive an offer through standard ATAR-based entry. This will require a sufficiently high ATAR or university results, depending on which the university will consider.

4. Once again, the specific requirements depend on the scheme in question. Some early entry schemes, such as WSU's HSC True Reward Early Offer Program, are clear regarding their requirements. Other early entry schemes may be slightly ambiguous in that respect.

I hope this helps! :D

rubypinky:)

HSC
i know you apply with year 11 grades if im not wrong but whens the around time i should expect to submit early entry?

Chiprr

HSC
i know you apply with year 11 grades if im not wrong but whens the around time i should expect to submit early entry?
Iirc, applications started in April or something and ended in July or August for specific programs.. my school's careers advisor would post the university, open and close dates for applications and the links to apply when it was possible to apply. She would remind the year 12s at least twice a week to start applications and would post several reminders about when one was closing

iane

HSC
Iirc, applications started in April or something and ended in July or August for specific programs.. my school's careers advisor would post the university, open and close dates for applications and the links to apply when it was possible to apply. She would remind the year 12s at least twice a week to start applications and would post several reminders about when one was closing
Do you apply for early entry when your in year 11 or in year 12?

iane

HSC
1. Early entry schemes are, in many cases, available to most HSC students, regardless of the school that they attend. As such, it is reasonable to suggest that even academically capable students at high-ranked selective schools may apply for early entry schemes. Any student would appreciate an increased chance of receiving an offer to their chosen degree(s).

2. The chances of receiving an offer through an early entry scheme depend on the scheme in question. You may already be aware that there are multiple early entry schemes available for students to apply for. The requirements of each early entry scheme can differ, because of which the chances of receiving an early offer can vary.

3. If you enrol in the course that you were made an early offer for, you can definitely change your course at a later stage. You may be able to transfer internally (that is, to a different course within the same university) or externally (that is, to an equivalent or different course at another university). This is in the same manner as students who receive an offer through standard ATAR-based entry. This will require a sufficiently high ATAR or university results, depending on which the university will consider.

4. Once again, the specific requirements depend on the scheme in question. Some early entry schemes, such as WSU's HSC True Reward Early Offer Program, are clear regarding their requirements. Other early entry schemes may be slightly ambiguous in that respect.

I hope this helps! :D
Thanks

iane

HSC
If I get an unconditional offer for early entry, is there a deadline for when I have to pickup the offer. Or can I hold on to the offer as a last resort and do the HSC exam and then decide if I want to pick it up or use my ATAR? Thanks

carrotsss

HSC
If I get an unconditional offer for early entry, is there a deadline for when I have to pickup the offer. Or can I hold on to the offer as a last resort and do the HSC exam and then decide if I want to pick it up or use my ATAR? Thanks
just click accept, accepting doesn’t actually lock you into anything or force you to enrol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)