How does moles/conc change during titration between aliquots etc? (1 Viewer)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
If I have a 10mL sample diluted up to 250mL using distilled water, and then take a 20mL aliquot of that - what is the best way to work out final concentration given the moles in that aliquot??? I always get confused and end up with a miscalculation...

This is my understanding: 10mL sample --> 250mL (# moles don't change, conc changes) --> 20mL aliquot (# moles changes, conc doesn't change)

But then I still mess up using c1v1=c2v2...

Please help!!

indeed

HSC
If I have a 10mL sample diluted up to 250mL using distilled water, and then take a 20mL aliquot of that - what is the best way to work out final concentration given the moles in that aliquot??? I always get confused and end up with a miscalculation...

This is my understanding: 10mL sample --> 250mL (# moles don't change, conc changes) --> 20mL aliquot (# moles changes, conc doesn't change)

But then I still mess up using c1v1=c2v2...

Please help!!
Your second paragraph understanding is seems all right, but yh the calc also stumps me

I remember doing a question when working backwards you have to find the moles in your 20mL aliquot, times it by 250/20 (so 12.5) to get the moles in the 250mL, then you can do c = n/v (n being what you just found, v being 10mL sample converted to L)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Your second paragraph understanding is seems all right, but yh the calc also stumps me

I remember doing a question when working backwards you have to find the moles in your 20mL aliquot, times it by 250/20 (so 12.5) to get the moles in the 250mL, then you can do c = n/v (n being what you just found, v being 10mL sample converted to L)
ohhhhh okay yep got it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)