How does one cram? (Slightly trials realted) (1 Viewer)

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
With many of us having to negotiate and trying to find the happy-medium between focusing on what to do; assessments of getting ready for the trials. I'm in a pickle.

* English ssessment (plus reading Antony/Cleopatra)
* Finish editing Extension 2 major work
* Extension 1 assessment
* Legal assessment
* Business assessment
* Maths assessment

I thank my PE teacher for not making it 7/7.

I've read on other threads about studying teachniques and 'cramming' is a popular answer.

How does one cram?

My theories on this studying teachnique is that:
a) Read life a mofo
b) Writing like a mofo

And thinking about both options they don't seem reasonable nor effective. Or are my theories incorrect?

Someone tell me how to cram before these assessments because I've been focusing on making notes.

Additional question - once I've done all the past HSC papers, are their any other sources where I can get past trials or something in the same ballparl?

LynH1326

HSC
Sit up all night fuelled on whatever caffine related drink is available.....
NOT ADVISABLE!

I have so much back-logged work to do on top of assignments (only 2 so far... for the holidays yuck!) Best thing is to work in bits and pieces. For an hour work on an assignment, take a break and go to another one. That's how I get through mine, and if I leave myself enough time I can give drafts to my teachers.
Best thing is not to stress, that's what the downfall is. Same with pulling all nighters.

gowerrules

HSC
LynH1326 said:
Sit up all night fuelled on whatever caffine related drink is available.....
NOT ADVISABLE!

I have so much back-logged work to do on top of assignments (only 2 so far... for the holidays yuck!) Best thing is to work in bits and pieces. For an hour work on an assignment, take a break and go to another one. That's how I get through mine, and if I leave myself enough time I can give drafts to my teachers.
Best thing is not to stress, that's what the downfall is. Same with pulling all nighters.
My problem is that i'm one of those people who
A) can't go to sleep early
B) Can't get into the mood for study.

So with trials in 3 weeks I'm gone, whats the best way to get motivated.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
think about what you'd do if you didn't make it into uni.

tafe is fine so don't knock it. but if you don't enjoy that prospect i suggest you get a wriggle on

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
On the BOS mirror site there are some past trials etc, can be accessed here.

As for motivation thats something your going to have to build up on your own, we can't do it for you - the end is in sight just forward to that.

LynH1326

HSC
To get motivated, write down what you want for next year or the year after.
If that is uni, go to the homepage of the uni you want and look at the UAI.
If its something else, ask your career advisor about their employment/enrolment requirements.

Or else put post-it notes everywhere telling you to study. Only way sometimes is to force yourself.... if you do that, don't study for too long.

LaraAshley

HSC
I can't really cram. I've never done it before. Maybe if you organise everything and sit down for a few hours and study them all. I set an egg timer and allow 40 minutes per subject. When thats over I stop, even if im in the middle of writing an essay, I move onto the net one. I find this is good.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
40 minutes is a bit too short ... i'd set it to more than 50minutes ... probably 1 hour at minimum.!

LaraAshley

HSC
Yeah but in the exams we don't have 50-60 minutes per section. So I like to get into good practice. I don't mean 40 mins just for the whole subject. I divide all my homework up, say, one night I had 2 essays and 2 sets of questions for 3 subjects. I'd spend 40 minutes on the first essay then times up, I start the second one, then I do a set of questions then another. Then whatever I don't have done, I go back and finish them or polish them up. Its challenging. But when you compete against time, its kind've fun.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Cramming is aided by a good set of YOUR OWN structured and complete Notes of Notes.

Notes of notes you ask? Right your notes, nice and completely thorough. Make sure during this stage you understand everything that you are putting down on the paper! Then once uve done that for the entire syllabus or watever, go back and summarise the notes uve just made again in your own structured style. Try make them more simple, perhaps only using keywords. Then if there is time (and room for more improvement), summarise these already summarised notes alread. You should have all the original knowledge from the first set of notes retained :) This way you only need the simple and concise set of study cram notes with which to jog ur memory and keep u refreshed, rather than trying to cram with the entire textbook in ur hands. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)