How does the timetable work at USYD??? (1 Viewer)

CCMc

HSC
So I have applied for a late round offer for a Bachelor of Arts at Sydney Uni. I am wondering how the timetabling works there because I don't want to go there If I have a terrible timetable. Currently I'm enrolled at UNSW and have my timetable already, only there 3 days a week. I've heard the whole enrollment process is different at Sydney. Are late/final round students disadvantaged with timetabling? Is USYD timetabling like UNSW where you make it yourself? Or do you just get given a timetable?

Thanks.

kcqn93

HSC
You are given a timetable however you can make slight changes to it. You will not be disadvantaged since timetables are released (I think) 1 week before the semester starts.

izzy88

HSC
The other element about timetabling is that if you are doing a bachelor of arts, there isn't much of a choice in timetabling anyway for particular subjects - ie there's generally only one set of lectures for a subject, so if you choose subjects where the lectures are on Monday- Thursday then that's it. The only thing you can generally try to move around are tutorial times. This can be different in science or physiology where there are multiple streams and repeat lectures but arts subjects generally only have one set of lectures.

In any case, as above, timetables don't come out until about 2 weeks before uni starts, so not much disadvantage. You can try to change tutorials online through the timetabling service or go in in person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)